Anonymous net send

stlpnazi

Baseband Member
A friend told me about a program that can send anonymous net send messages. I will soon be in charge of a computer conference in which high school students and teachers are all a part of a large network. We have had problems with net send messages at past conferences. Are there any sniffers or anything that may tell me the original source (preferably an IP) of a net send even if they use an anonymous sender?

I am talking about when people at the conference send messaged to the entire domain with bad words on them. This is not a good thing to show up on 2200 computers. We put SP2 on all the computers we have control of, but the messages can still be sent to vendors.

Umm you need to be admin to do that. If you are just fine the user under control alt delete then click send message. I think thats what you mean.

I'm not looking for a way to prevent it from happening, I know thats pretty much hopeless since theres way too many computers there and most of them we have no control over. I just want a way to monitor who sent the message. I have since found out that with a sniffer (probably ethereal), I can sniff the IP who sent the message, then look on the DHCP clients table to determine the MAC of who sent it. With this information, I can bust the person who did it (my favorite part!) :-D. If anybody knows of another way, let me know.

Back
Top Bottom