Dual Monitors...

you can get dual display with a 6600gt? holy shit ill be doing that shortly, after i can learn from your experience, nice set-up btw

Kage said:
Hmm.... Have you checked in the display settings for any automatic switches? Or to maybe just change it when you want? There might be a program somewhere...not sure though

Yea I checked everything. Nothing I've done has changed it.
I even set Windows Media Player to never span across the display, but in full screen, it still does it.

David Lindon said:
I'd just like to say nice setup!
Thanks alot, I love it. It's never given me any problems aside from this small detail - but this is just me being picky.

Well, I wouldn't the situation with only half the game showing up is being picky... so that would be the only problem it's given me.

money_man said:
you can get dual display with a 6600gt? holy shit ill be doing that shortly, after i can learn from your experience, nice set-up btw
Yea, the card has three outputs, one VGA, one DVI, and one S-Video. Mine came with a DVI to VGA converter, so that's how I have the dual screens running. I'm not sure if the video card itself comes with the converter, I'm guessing it does - but mine may have just came with the Alienware as opposed to the card.

Yeah thats how I've tried to run mine, and even though my video card drives support it, they won't both switch :( So I have two monitors displaying the same thing when I try it...excellent hehe

Now I have mine set up I can say that Windows Media Player doesn't seem to have a button to maximize on two displays so I don't know...I'd like the start menu to move on both for example though don't know how to make it do that.

It must be the way the monitors are setup in Display Properties, try switching the primary monitor around.

As for another one of those problems, you can't have a game on one screen and still control the desktop without it minimizing...shame really

Back
Top Bottom