Gallery: Cases

Well...

I have dual power supplies and the probe for them is sitting in between them. Now as i have stated the allied runs at 64.4Fand that is cold.
Here's the trick. I have 2 cases bolted together. The sides facing each other are open to each other. In the right side is the 92mm high speed high volume exhaust fan. In that case also is the hard drives and the second PSU. It powers the Cooler Master AeroGate II controller and will be used for future exspandtion. In the left half is the motherboard and the DVD drive. Plus 2 80mm fans in the rear of the case drawing in.
The main PSU is housed here and powers the board and the dvd and hard drives. The front fan openings have been taped closed.

Now the magic.

The 92mm fan because it's moving so much air is creating negative air pressure in the whose case assembley. This makes the job the 2 80mm fans do a lot easier on them. They draw in large volumes as a result of the negative air pressure.
The air moves accross the motherboard and the pci cards drawing off the heat. Then moves forward around the edge of the motherboard and on to the right side case and out the back. The hard drives get cooled by a baffel in the front of the right side case front. The baffel also prevents the system from over heating should the 80mm fans get blocked or fail. The baffel pops full open and some air gets moved around till the problem can be corrected.
In the enviroment of my shop it's a constant 59F. The cpu idles at 74F and tops out 90F. Where you are sounds like the room is a tad bit warm to start with.
And the PSU's draw in this same 59F air so they don't get a chance to get hot.

Well...

how badly you load them up has a lot to do with it. Room temp and air flow through the case is another factor. Maybe teach could slide isome high volume fans in to the psu and bring down those temps. I'll measure mine when I get back to the shop tonight but I don't think it's gonna be much above room ambient.

its pretty much room temp in there its an amd duron 1.3 has one intake and one outake..it always blows out hot air

cooling35fy.jpg

cooling44cw.jpg

Like?

Oh man, what the heck is that? Water cooled? Reminds me of looking under the hood of my car. Nice. Lets hope there's no leak in the long run.

AHHH Humbug, there wont be no leak lol, everything is fitted like a glove screwed down tight with the hose clamps, and plumbers tap. I used Electrical tape for one leak.... stoped that. I ran it for about 2 hours out of my computer before installing it and noticeing the hoses where to long, so i had to drain it while it was still in my computer and cut the hoses that suck, still not a single drop, left it on all last nite to check if i woke up with a burt up computer. haha

Back
Top Bottom