Anyone want GMAIL?

Oh, thanks for the clarity. It's fairly new to me, but seems like a lot of people are talking about here and a little bit from work. Didn't know what the big deal was. I always figured email accounts is an email account, as with Hotmail and Yahoo (both increased their storage and attachments). Especially Yahoo who now have 2 GB of storage.

Yeah, I wouldn't mind getting a g-mail account so I am trying to get an invite ;)

ox said:
Yeah, I wouldn't mind getting a g-mail account so I am trying to get an invite ;)
Did you read the very first post in this thread by per? it tells you how to get one... :D

I just signed up for Gmail for the first time. I used Per's link on the first page. It looks just like Yahoo email without all the big advertisments. Loads faster than I can blink.

From your experience with gmail, how's the spam protection and junk mail filter? Similar to all the other web based email accounts?

I have never got any spam any of the gmail accounts that I have. The filters are easy to setup but you are only allowed a certain number of them so you have to get a bit cunning how you word them.

You can store your mail in a system called labels (folders), for example all email say from this forum would be archived under a label Computer Forum and so on.

Have a read in the help section, it will tell quite you a bit the things you can do...

Been using Gmail for quite a while now. Never had anything go bad with it or be bombarded by any kind of spam at all. I use the various accounts for mass storage of files that back up from my HDD. Hey free protected storage...use it

Back
Top Bottom