Corrupt hard drive.

99nasha

Fully Optimized
My computer finally was up and running today and therefore ive been playing with it. I was overclocking this and fiddling with that etc. Now because i was overclocking there were lots if resets going on. I got to a point were I reset it and it came up with the error message C:/windows/system32/config could not be found. I didnt get to wound up becasue I had solved this before. I ran through the repair program and I failed. Didnt work. So then I moved on to a full reformat and installation of windows again. It went through the reformat and right at the end it started complaing it cant format it because its damaged.

Any ideas how to fix it? Or should I buy a new one?

Go to the drive manufacturer's site and download a diagnostic / repair disk and run it. You might be lucky... :p

But I cant even get onto XP...How do I transfer the program across?

EDIT- No worries, with a floppy disc. I see...
-+

99nasha said:
But I cant even get onto XP...How do I transfer the program across?
You could use a friends computer who has a burner, to download the disk tools and burn to a cd, that's what I would have to do If I only had one computer...

Edited to make a bit more sense. :p

cd...

the program creates a floppy that for you linux fans is written in caldera linux. It makes a boot floppy that runs without any support.

Do you guys think this could be a memory problem? maybe the ram has corrupted some part of the boot?

yeah. All comes out ok...I formated it through one of those programs. But it still is telling me that its corrupt through the windows setup. HUrry up and reply someone because i wanna go out and buy one now

The format that you did...was it just a format or did you have the drive" wiped"?
I ask this because in some instances I have seen a formatted drive still have traces of files that messed up an installation. This could be your trouble to.

Back
Top Bottom