Amd 64 bit or Intel Extreme edition

Zaki

Daemon Poster
Hi, i want to move up from my processor which is a Intel 2.4 ghz 478 norhtwood 800 fsb to 64 bit computing. Im considering a n amd, but i dont play many games on the computer, and mainly use photoshop, and will be doing video and music editing. so if i go for amd 64 bit which proccesor should i go for?
754 or 939? whats the big difference?
64 or 64 fx

OR

can i do with the intel extreme edition?
what frequency?

Ok, I am not going to say Intel is terrible like I used to say (I'll give you that one, alvino).. but I recommend... STRONGLY recommend AMD 64 over any Intel CPU, because AMD is faster 80% of the time. The video/music editing is a mix bag... AMD is faster in some cases, and Intel is faster in others. Typically only by very little when it comes to both. But.. AMD costs less. Therefore AMD is the one I'll recommend.

Get chipset 939. More modern.

so if i go for amd 64, which model should i go for keeping in mind im not too interested in dual core and my budget is 150-300

get the 3500+ 64. its a great cpu. i myself am getting a 3700+, but its $350. so yeah. the fx is by far the fastest, but its like almost $1000 bux the last time i checked. yeha, nice one gian. good choice there. intel is just $$$ while amd is $ and is cooler and better. intel just has a faster speed, like 3.8 or whatever. thats bs. amd's fx 2.6 ghz will whoop any ee intel cpu anyday. look on amd's benchmark's site if u dont believe me, on www.amd.com/

Back
Top Bottom