help needed!

Do you have a hard drive or any other drives connected? So the power actually stays on, or does the computer turn off after a couple of seconds?

I do have some shitty old pc2100 to try (i'll try it in a minute) and no there aren't any drives connected but you should still get something on the screen right?

Thanks for all the help!

Oh yeah, you should be getting something on the screen, thats why I was asking. If you don't have a drive connected, then it will just show the bios booting up and then say no drive present or no operating system present or something like that. But if it isn't even showing the bios settings, then I would have to say maybe somethings wrong with your video card. Do you have an old video card you can try?

I just tried pc2100 And pc2700 and it still did the same thing. I don't have another video card but I do know that the current one works because it's from another computer (that works). could it be Just that the card is not compatable? (I could try another one but I'd have to go fiddling around with other peoples computers)

The card is a geforce 4 fx 5200

OK I just tried a GeForce4 MX 440 (The only other one I had) and it still did the same thing. Is there anything else it could be apart from the video card?

Back
Top Bottom