help needed!

GRRRR

Solid State Member
I am building an AMD 64 system And when I turn it on nothing happens.
I get no post beep and nothing on the screen.
I tested the CPU so I know it works but when i turn it on I get nothing. I've tried clearing the CMOS but that did nothing.

The Processor is an Athlon 64 3000+ and the motherboard is an A8V Deluxe

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Did you check the PS. Your power supply might not be working. Also, there could be some hardware causing shorts on the motherboard.

It's not the PSU, I just tried a diferent one and it did exactly the same thing.

I'm not sure exactly what you mean buy hardware causing shorts... the only other hardware in it is a geforce 4 card and a gig of pc3200 Ram.

Thanks anyway

I'm sorry. A short might not be the best word to use, really what I mean is that maybe some hardware is causing the power supply to short out and that might be the problem. I had a problem like this once and the problem was that somehow my hard drive was causing a "short" somewhere so that the light on the motherboard was on, but the moment you pressed the power button, the power supply would short and you would have to unplug the computer and plug it back in, or turn the power supply off and back on.

Motherbaord jumpers in the right places? check em then re check em also make sure the heatsink's fan jumper is in the motherbaord rather then connected directly to the psu becuase some bioss' have a secruity feature that is they do not detect power going through the Cpu jumper then they wont turn on :)

When you say you get nothing, does that mean that no sounds, no lights, no hard drive spinning up. Or does that mean that everything comes on and the monitor doesn't turn on. Usually, if the cpu fan is faulty or misconnected, your computer will still fire up, but you will get some beeps from the POST. That is not always the case though so it might be the fan. But for sure tell us what is actually happening when you press the power button.

when I turn the computer on The fans come on like normal and the cpu gets hot (thats how I know it works). and According to the manual there are only three jumpers on the board: clear CMOS, Keyboard power and USB power... Could it still be Wrong cpu jumper settings?

Back
Top Bottom