Firefox or Internet Explorer

I just started using FireFox myself, and I have to say that it's pretty nice. Takes some time to get used to if you've been using IE all your life, but it's growing on me. The only complaint I have at the moment is that when I click a link that opens in a new window, it opens a whole new window instead of just a tab. That was one of the main features I liked the most about FireFox! (If anyone can help me out with that, I'd really appreciate it.) But yeah, it has a lot of cool additions, too. It comes automatically with a Google search bar, and I added a weather bar last night. It's pretty nice. I think what it comes down to is a matter of preference. Use what you want!

I'm using FireFox but still use IE for Hotmail.

To get the tabs working, Tools->Options->Advanced->Tabbed Browsing, and select the middle radio button.

But I'm getting really irritated with FF just randomly stopping loading pages halfway through. Maybe I just need to clear my cache or something, but it's highly irritating.

I have firefox on all my main computers. It might take second to load on older systems, but it's MUCH better than IE, and most everything is the same. So far I've found 1 site that really doesn't display right(some form of Java)

I use Firefox on every PC. I keep IE on because some sites just require it.

I also have just switched to the Mozilla thunderbird mail program because Outlook Express just wouldnt connect to my pop3's all the time. I have found Thunderbird to be much better.

I've been using IE my whole life, with no spyware problems on my PC...

Am I odd or something?

root said:
I've been using IE my whole life, with no spyware problems on my PC...

Am I odd or something?
No your not, I prefer to use IE 6.0 with the Avant overlay or skin, so I can have tabbed browsing. IE is as secure as Firefox is, install the patches when they're released and your right. :p

I have used Firefox for six weeks, and I found that it has the Netscape habit of crashing when it gets stressed. So went back to IE. :D

Firefox... more secure, and it doesnt crash, and its got tabbed browsing, and the add ons are great, adblock especially...

Back
Top Bottom