Dual Monitors...

dl77002

Baseband Member
kjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjkjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjkjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjkjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjkjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjkjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjkjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjkjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjkjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjkjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjkjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjkjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjkjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjkjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjkjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjkjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjkjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjkjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjkjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjkjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjkjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjkjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjkjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjkjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjkjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjkjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjkjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjkjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjkjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjkjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjkjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjkjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjkjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjkjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjkjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjkjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjkjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjkjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjkjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjkjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjkjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjkjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjkjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjkjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjkjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjkjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjkjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjkjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjkjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjkjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjkjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjkjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjkjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjkjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjkjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjkjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjkjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjkjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjkjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjkjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjkjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjkjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjkjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj

well first off it looks like a nice setup you've got there :D

well problem one - can you not just drag the window bigger to fit one monitor, rather than using there actual full screen button?

problem 2! well thts a weird one! not sure

tell me, what mode of dual monitors are you using? ive got an nvidia card and if i right click on my desktop and click nvidia display, either of the monitors, and then go to the tab on the left nView Display settings. there is a list of modes. which one are you working in?

Thank you. It's an Alienware Area 51 5500.

I could just drag it to the proper size, but Windows Media Player still forces the video down to a pretty small size to make room for all of the features on the programs interface. Also, when I'm on websites like iFilm.com, or Atomfilm.com, I like to watch the videos in full screen, so I'd like to have only one screen filled up.

I'm using "Horizontal Span," by the way.

Halo works fine, it's other games I have a problem with.

Yea that's the PC I have. It cost me $2,700 not including tax, shipping, or the second monitor.

dam thats nice! dam its expensive too! :D

see if theres setting for the game or something? maybe the game resolution is set to the size of one monitor but then the card tries to spread it over two monitors. but the games setting is... so it wont do it. you get what i mean?

Yes I do get what you mean, but strangely enough the game's resolution is accurate (2560 x 1024).

You can customize any Alienware you order, so in case you're interested, these are my specs:

[1] Area-51® 5550

Operating System: Microsoft® Windows® XP Home Edition with Service Pack 2
AlienRespawn: Alienware® Respawn Recovery Kit
Chassis: Alienware® Full-Tower Case (480-Watt PS) - Saucer Silver
Cable Management: Alienware® Cable Management System
Power Supply: Alienware® 480 Watt Power Supply
Processor One: Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor 550 w/ HT Technology 3.4GHz 1MB Cache
Processor Two: Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor 550 w/ HT Technology 3.4GHz 1MB Cache
Motherboard: Alienware® PCI Express Motherboard with Intel® 925XE Chipset 1066/800MHz FSB
Memory: 1GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 533MHz - 2 x 512MB
Graphics Processor: NVIDIA® GeForce™ 6600 GT PCI Express 128MB DDR3 w/Digital and S-Video Out
Video Cooling: AlienIceâ„¢ 2.0 Video Cooling System - Astral Blue
System Drive: High Performance - Serial ATA - 120GB Seagate® Barracuda 7,200 RPM w/8MB Cache
Storage Drive: Additional Storage Drive - 80GB Seagate® Barracuda 7,200 RPM w/8MB Cache
Optical Drive One: Lite-On® 16x DVD-ROM Drive with Software DVD Decoder
Optical Drive Two: Sony DVD RW DRU-710A
Floppy Drive: 3.5" 1.44 MB Floppy Disk Drive - Black
Sound Card: Intel® High-Definition Audio (24-bit, 192Khz) with 7.1 surround sound
Network Connection: Integrated High Performance Gigabit Ethernet
Display One: BenQ FP731 Black 17" LCD Monitor
Display Two: BenQ FP731 Black 17" LCD Monitor
Speakers: Logitech® Z-3e 2.1 40-Watt Speakers
Keyboard: Microsoft® Multimedia Keyboard - Saucer Silver
Mouse: Microsoft® IntelliMouse Explorer 4.0 - USB - Saucer Silver

Hmm.... Have you checked in the display settings for any automatic switches? Or to maybe just change it when you want? There might be a program somewhere...not sure though

At least you get dual screen by the way :( I posted something about it asking why the dual screen wasn't working....

Back
Top Bottom