Microsoft AntiSpyware

Those tracking cookies can be a pain in the arse, especially the bots that hide in the registry and track your activities.

Doubleclick.com is known for tracking..
As far as the microsoft beta anti-spyware, it's good at what it does, but i heard through the vine that turning off the automatic protection can be a good thing, i read about that on the micro$oft site.

You could read more about issues >>>
here

Can anyone recommend which set of programs to use to keep the best defence against spyware? I'm gonna go with Spyware Doctor and CounterSpy. Is it worth adding Ad-Aware and/or Spybot to the group?

Ok, i decided to get rid of Spyware Doctor, as i found that i got the same result with that as with Ad-Aware SE Personal, only that AA found some tracking cookies. Therefore, i have decided to go with Ad-Aware SE Personal and CounterSpy, which detected 3 Spyware object...thingies.

Speaking of Spyware Doctor, the latest update is so-so with them. They missed out on some spyware that Microsoft and Counterspy caught. That leaves Microsoft Antispyware Beta as number 1 and Sunbelt's Counterspy as number 2.

Back
Top Bottom