amd or intel

True, but AMD excels at light-tasking, but not heavy ones when running virus scanners etc.

Keep in mind that I have a Athlon 64 and a Pentium 4 (although the P4 is in my dad's computer). I've seen the advantages and disadvantages myself, instead of completely relying on sometimes AMD or Intel biased benchmarks.

I meant to say AMD leads in business apps. My post was ambigious. Light tasking? Heavy tasking? More myths. My PC performs just as a good as a P4 3.2GHz with HT at those things. That's just a freaking myth.. and where Intel does lead it is by a few seconds.

How is it a myth when I've used both a AMD and Intel powered computer before?

I used both too. And I can say it is pretty baseless to say that AMD only leads in games. It leads in about 80% of programs and applications... it is a better CPU overall.

Yeah, I admit that AMD is better overall, but you can't say that Intel completely sucks (because it doesn't).

I prefer to buy AMD because I get more bang for my dollar. I will not pay an extra $100.00 for the Intel name...

alvino said:
Yeah, I admit that AMD is better overall, but you can't say that Intel completely sucks (because it doesn't).

I said it generally sucks. That's why I don't use it.

I like Intel. There is a computer gaming place called Area 51 and they use AMD and the computer are very laggy even with T1.

Back
Top Bottom