stickies

Status
Not open for further replies.
reduce your resoltion 10 1024x768 the stickies take up more than half the screen...

now go to a lower resolution, (like one you might be using if looking for help with a graphics problem, and you'll undestand why ten is a bit much)...

I agree though, the gallery threads are a good idea because people do want to show off their kit.

yeah they are a good idea but can we not have a category called "galleries". they are just clogging up that section

Giancarlo and Root...

How about if they don't get taken down or remove but just cleaned up?
They do contain some side tracked commentary that could be taken out and not lose the flavor of the thread. Sort of push it back to what the creator of the thread had in mind. Like go through and get the post number off the replies that need to be removed and give them to David for removal. Would that be fair to both of you?
And as for the comment of not having gallery threads, I'm guilty of wanting to show off my handy work.
My problem is they have gotten so big. It takes too much time to go through. Stream lining them seems to be to me an alternate to killing them.

It doesn't matter what you think setis. David OKed them to stay therefore they are staying. I will contact him again if there is another push for its removal by irresponsible moderators... Kage especially. Kage should be removed immmediately from moderatorship.

I'm not even going to touch that last comment, but as for the Gallery thread sticky it will remain stickied cuz David wants it stickied, but as for the off topic garble in the gallery sticky thread..

It does need to be cleaned though, but i don't have the time to do so right now..

Man oh man...

quote>
They do contain some side tracked commentary that could be taken out and not lose the flavor of the thread. Sort of push it back to what the creator of the thread had in mind. Like go through and get the post number off the replies that need to be removed and give them to David for removal. Would that be fair to both of you?
And as for the comment of not having gallery threads, I'm guilty of wanting to show off my handy work.
My problem is they have gotten so big. It takes too much time to go through. Stream lining them seems to be to me an alternate to killing them
end quote>

Now did I say I was going to do that which you say I am? Nope sure didn't. I just posed an alternative to taking them down. And as to the meaning of taking them down. It is meaning unsticky them.
But As you can plainly see I didn't say it was going to happen. David said leave them as they are and that's the way it's going to be. So take the reply I posted at face value and give your opinion.

~mr mixx~ said:
I'm not even going to touch that last comment, but as for the Gallery thread sticky it will remain stickied cuz David wants it stickied, but as for the off topic garble in the gallery sticky thread..

It does need to be cleaned though, but i don't have the time to do so right now..
See this Giancarlo? Did he say he was going to take them down? No he said they need cleaned up. The same as I suggested...

setishock said:
Now there's a capitol idea. If the answer isn't covered in the FAQ then post a question. And detailed instructions on how to do a search.
But then the posts here now would need to be cleaned up. Ya'll know what I'm talking about.

I agree to that seems a good idea to have a FAQ :p

setishock said:
My problem is they have gotten so big. It takes too much time to go through. Stream lining them seems to be to me an alternate to killing them.

Half the links in some of those galleries are broken, those are the ones thet need to be removed... :D

Giancarlo said:
It doesn't matter what you think setis. David OKed them to stay therefore they are staying. I will contact him again if there is another push for its removal by irresponsible moderators... Kage especially. Kage should be removed immmediately from moderatorship.

Your getting your knickers in a knot Gian, lighten up a bit or your goin' to bust your scrote... :p

setishock said:
See this Giancarlo? Did he say he was going to take them down? No he said they need cleaned up. The same as I suggested...

I think they should be left alone.

Hey wombat... news flash.. you have nothing to do with this. This isn't of your concern. You're a noob, and you're already telling me how to post. Get off my back and stop following me around. You don't have the slightest idea what is going on here.

ok, I don't have the slightest idea what's going on either...

should I say that because I've been here a few more months than you that my opinion should carry more weight?

no i didn't think so. wombat might have only joined 3 days ago, but with 82 post under his belt he's already gotten a flavour for the community here I'd imagine. and probably knows from other forums how it all works.

his opinion is just as valid as yours.
and he's right, the broken links shuold be corrected, whats the point in having a gallery where half the links don't work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom