Enabling net send command.....

Ash2

Baseband Member
....at college.

Is there a way thru ms dos or some other way that i can enable the "net send" command. This isn't hacking as i only want to send messages to my mates for fun and stuff at college, but when i tried it jus say "access is denied". I think the college admin' disabled it, but i want it on, so do any of you know how i can enable it by some kind of command or something???

Thanks a lot, if you can help then cheers, but if not, then thanks for reading and trying to help!

If it says access is denied, that means that they have restricted rights on the machine itself for net send. Just like you don't have rights to other people's profiles, you do not have rights to the C:\windows\system32\net.exe file. Can't help you there unless you have administrative rights where you can change the security settings. However, you can pull a net.exe file from another machine and use that one instead. You can put it on a disk and use that file and you will have rights to it.

Either way, if the machines you are trying to send the message to have XP Service Pack 2, the messenger service is disabled, and they will not recieve the message.

Im afraid your pretty much out of luck! :(

net sent depends on the messenger service running...

type net start messenger

(you can start and stop any service with net start and net stop).

then try sending a messege.

The messenger service has nothing to do with your ability to sendmessages, just your ability to receive them. The message he/she was getting was access is denied, meaning that the network admin restricted that user(s) rights to net.exe. If they find some way to get around the access rights restriction (like bringing net.exe in on a disk), then the issue will come up as to rather the messenger service is enabled on the remote machine.

i believe netsend command works only when the PCs are in LAN connection.

1st, to use netsend, u gotta enble the PCs' service messenger.

after that, Start > Run > cmd > sc config messenger start= auto

continuously type after the above command: sc start messenger

Ur done now, but the thing is, when u apply that command, ur PC's ID will be appeared in the window including the messeage which u've sent to them.

I ain't sure how to send it as an anonym so u know ...

but, any one got any other clue, please discuss !!!

thnx in advance

hello, i have the same problem but in my house i have windows xp professional service pack 2 and i have a small network in my home and i can't enable net send command to send mesege other computers ,when i write "net start messenger" this messege apper to me
"system error 1058 has occurred"

thank you for helping me

hello every body
i enabled the messenger but from the computer management>services>messenger
it was disabled from this place
then i enabled it from cmd >net start messenger
it's now work perfectly

thanks

Back
Top Bottom