Fast Launching a group of applications

n1ck1976

Beta member
Hi,

Would anybody know how I could create a quick launch icon for my tool bar that instead of lauching one application it would launch several.

I use the slightly annoying Aol to get online through a broadband modem but when I launch that I would it like to launch my anti-virus and spyware software at the same time as well as another program.

I know if i want these things to start when my pc does i can just drop the shortcuts into into the startup directory, but i dont use the internet all the time and would prefer to start the applications all together as and when necessary.

I have looked at several application launchers on the market but none of them seem to be able to do a 1-click solution that I would like.

Anybody any idea's or know the principles of writing a folder with the shortcuts in and how to write autorun files to execute the application?

Any help would be appreciated

write a batch file, pretty simple code. and then all youd have to do was chan ge the icon for it and it would execute opening whatever programs you've told it to :D

i was just going to say that.... took me answer. well, besides that, you can get visual basic.net and program a... well... program to execute several programs. but that something you have to learn with programming language. but yeah, a batch file in command prompt will do you good. if you need more help, let us know.

yeah i read something about batch files i will have a look online and try and find out how to do them and get back to the forum if i find any usefull sites.

cheers for the responses

Back
Top Bottom