fans and case mods help wanted!

sensesfail

Baseband Member
I am buying this case...
http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/prod...2hvd19wcm9kdWN0X292ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=72993

But i need clarification on a few things. What size fans do i need and how many to reach the maximum number of fans the case can hold? also, is it worth buying a fan controller an can anyone recommend one that is cheap but easy to install and use? one final thing is it easy to replace the LEDs that are in the case and on the fans to a different colour?

thanks

From what I can tell the case will hold 5 fans not including the PSU fans.
2 in front grill...probably not included
1 side mount ...included
2 back mounted...not included
all fans should be 80mm size and I would not use anything less than 4500rpm with monitoring and SS bearings for quiet running. A contoller could be used but is not really neccesary but really depends on what mobo controling you have.
The controller would have to take up a PCI slot as you will not be able to use a front mount because of the cover.
Changing the LED on fans is not a hard thing to do but I would rather just order the ones I wanted.
By the way you can just swap that clear side fan to the front cover as there is no need for led lights there.

thanks for the advice. the inside of the case has leds within the corner of the clear panel side, so would it be simple enough to take these leds out and replace them with neon tubes? also would i be able to just remove the fan from the clear side and replace it with one that had the correct colour leds in?

The fan is no problem at all...just remove/replace.
The LED's may be glued into place and that could cause an issue but with a little patence they can still be removed. As to switching them for neon...well neons usually come with self adheasive pads to be applied just about anywhere there is a clean, dry surface. Some neon lights come with off/on switches that can either be left alone inside the case or drilled and installed so as to be controlled from outside.All of them come with a converter that must be secured out of view. My suggestion here is to just disconnect the LEDs by the window and then locate the neon tubes in an inconspicous place so the light shines through the computer and not out through the window...ie. in the corners at top and bottom of case. This gives the light a direct glow throughout the pc without blinding you looking in the window. I will also suggest that you find the round IDE/FDD cables to hook up with as they allow better air flow and can be purchased in a multitude of colors and lengths.
Good luck with it and just remember to enjoy the build and not let it get up on you.
I know that you are not in the US but take a look here:
http://www.bestbyteinc.com/departments.asp?dept=2
and see the possibilities that are open for lighting the case.

you could just set the fan controller back in a cd drive space. hope you get what i mean. so the cover can still shut..if you really wanted one

Back
Top Bottom