Microsoft AntiSpyware

CounterSpy to me, is by far the best so far. I love the interface and catches a lot of spyware than Spybot Search and Destroy. I use that as my main antispyware software. I love the autoscans it does all the time. Keeps me informed of cookies, spyware, etc. I hear good things about Microsoft's Antispyware program so definitely use it. There are no known compatiblity issues with it when running against other antispyware programs.

My first line of defense is spywareblaster...then spybot S&D.... then AdawareSE...and finnaly Ccleaner. I used the M$ beta and it was ok and worked just fine. It found exactly what the other programs found...no more...no less. I uninstalled it as not needed..
Other than my AV the other program I use to clean out the junk with is spider116. I never have had any major issues with garbage.
Keep them updated and run them regularly is my motto.

I never trust the free anti-spyware (except Microsoft of course). I had Spybot but it is undependable. The trial versions of both CounterSpy & Spysweeper were finding things that Spybot didn't. Add to that, the fact that sometimes it seemed a whole month would go by before there was another update (Spy Subtract, a paid program was the same). It didn't give you much peace of mind,knowing that there is new spyware being created all of the times. With Spysweeper & CounterSpy, there are always updates. You feel more protected. Spysweeper has over 89,000 spyware signatures and I hear CounterSpy has even more. Ad Aware, was always even more useless than Spybot. It seemed to just find cookies. Add to that the fact that LavaSoft backed down from the scumbags from Hot Bar who were threatening LavaSoft with a law suit for detecting Hot Bar as spyware, and that LavaSoft changed their software so it no longer detects Hot Bar, makes it (at least in my eyes), useless and untrustworthy.

My Counterspy updates every single day. It runs scans like every hour automatically. RUns in the background so I don't notice a thing. It's so wonderfully fantastic to have.

Um...

Wow man please don't post like that. The green on gray makes my eyes do the two step.

As for hot bar is it considered to be ad/spy/malware?

I wish someone would make a spyware program which removed the "my serch assistant" thingy...None of them do

Well...

I ran the MS spyware tool. A full drive and memory and reg scan took 4 mins and 45 secs. Found nothing. AdAware SE found 8 afterwards. Um don't look good for MS.

Back
Top Bottom