Video Problems

Duzz

In Runtime
What could cause my Video to not work. What happens is when i load my computer everything is going good, then all of a sudden the thing turns blocky colors all over the screen sometimes different as well. But it seems if i turn it on and it does it, i have to leave it on, restart and sometimes it takes a few restarts and the problem goes away. Its like I have to Warm up something to get it to work. Has anyone had this problem, i have asked in the past but have gotten no answers that are hard facts. The Video Card is new, Leadtek 3800gt i dont think nothing is wrong with it. it works.... but if it is the problem il lhave to go ahead and ship it back to leadtek for something. But if not help me trouble shoot please, it has been bothering me cause im worried i may be hurting something else by turning it on and off so many times. That is why when i turn it on i let it sit for like 20 min warming up with that crap screen, And sometimes it just goes black. then i turn it back on and presto most times work. Sometimes it does it with in a few seconds of playing around but other times it works. Whats it has been running for a little i have no problems.

This is important to me and would greatly be apricated, Computer Specs in sig.

Yeah, you could either have a faulty monitor, or a faulty graphics card, one of the two, or it could be drivers...

STEP 1:

Can you first of all test the monitor on another PC?

Next if this doesn't work, go to step 2, if it does, go to step 3

STEP 2:

Its the monitor causing the problem

STEP 3:

Its either the video card or the drivers

Hopefully its the drivers, so go to the nvidia site and download the latest drivers for that card, or batch of cards (usually the case)

http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp

and install them instead.

Then try that, if that works good :D If not, go to step 4.

STEP 4:

Its the graphics card itself, I'm afraid you'll have to either ship it back or use a guarantee if you still have one :( Sorry, but at least you know thats the problem now! :)

Hope this helps

Ill give it a try. Yesterday it started up for the First time with out being retarted lol. Did nothing to it. I hate that. Ill try the Drivers but i think i got the newest one.

It is a driver issue. more than likely caused by a conflict between your anti-virus and some other start-up program and your graphics card.
Try to reset your AV settings and/or reinstall the program and see if that helps.

Hey that may be the case, i think after i updated my MSN messanger to 7.0 thats when i turned it off two nites ago and yesterday i turned it on and it worked..... You may be on to something if that is the case tonite when i go home it should go ahead and start up. BTW reseting my AV??? Nvida reinstall it? i did that once. Still happend.

Back
Top Bottom