Microsoft AntiSpyware

Northern Yankee

Solid State Member
I have on my computer 2 anti-spyware programs that I have found that I trust the most, Sunbelt Software's CounterSpy, and Webroot's Spysweeper. Is Microsoft's Anti-Spyware Beta program compatible with other ant-spyware programs?

Very compatible and probably the best one out there. It is the old Giant antispyware. MS bought them out. MS has also said it will remain free.

I use Microsoft's Anti-Spyware and I have found it to be an excellent app.

Hey per, how are your speeds running the full system scan, now you have got the new cpu / mobo? :)

You can run Ad-aware, spysweeper, Counterspy, and Anti-spy. They don't interfere from what I know. Microsoft anti-spy is not the best. In fact the best is webroot spysweeper.

Hi wombat. They are still about 12 minutes for 12-14 gigs. Thats the deep scan. Yours were running about the same as I recall. Thats for both machines.

Just curious. giancarlo are you enrolled in ARBITRARY 101 in the school you are attending or is it just a personality quirk that makes you so sure of every thing you can't possibly know?

Yes I'm still around that mark on the the old 3000xp box, the 64 bit system running the XP x64 version is around 5 minutes which is very good.

I downloaded and ran the Microsoft AntiSpyware. I was shocked (or at least surprised) to see that it's appearance is exactly like Sunbelt's CounterSpy. Even when the scan was running, it resembled CounterSpy. The only difference was that Microsoft's protection features seem to be more dependable like Spysweeper's shields. I always had some type of problem with CounterSpy's Active Protection features. I like all 3, but each seems to have its flaws.

per said:
Just curious. giancarlo are you enrolled in ARBITRARY 101 in the school you are attending or is it just a personality quirk that makes you so sure of every thing you can't possibly know?

No, I'm just stating my opinion, smart one. I tried all the anti-spyware programs out there and webroot spysweeper picks up traces that other programs fail to get. You are enrolled in great nonsense 101, and you need to understand people have differing opinions.

Back
Top Bottom