Good deal for a Notebook?

Kosis

Solid State Member
Hello again,

Thank you for responses on my previous post.
I think I will get a notebook for school/office purposes and do without the gaming for the time being.

Looking around on pricewatch, I've come across a few and I remember someone mentioning the Centrino and I found this..

Asus
Intel Pentium M Centrino 1.3GHz 1.4GHz 1.5GHz 1.6GHz 1.7GHz 1.8GHz 2.0GHz 2.1 GHz support. 2MB Cache. 15 inch XGA. Intel 855GM. DVD/CDRW Combo. Windows XP Professional CD COA support.
Price $654

What do you think?

Can I have a burner installed into a notebook?
I'd like it to be fast, but I suppose more RAM will fix that.

Kos

you already have a burner installed with the specs you gave. Unless you want a DVD burner then it would be a higher cost with the upgrade.
All in all ...it is a pretty good selection try to get the original M$ xp pro installation disc if you can and not the manufacturer's restore disc they try to push off on you.

You can always ask.... and I have actually heard that HP will do it and some of the dealers will give it to you if you talk to the right tech. But they don't have to..and most won't simply because they are proprietary and want to force you to come back to them only.
Almost everyone I know that buys laptops always just buys the disc as OEM for for like $80 for home version and $120 for pro.

Back
Top Bottom