What is a good TV tuner card?

Dishdog

Fully Optimized
I'm going to buy a TV tuner card this week and i was looking at some on the internet but the reviews for the ones i was looking at all had some saying that the picture quality was bad, so i was wondering if anybody knew of a good one.

I want it to be PCI interface, be able to record, have RCA jacks (yellow,white,red cords), and it would be prefered if it had a remote. Thanks in advanced.

There are so many it's hard for me to say whats good or not... All depends on your budget.

I will say PCI is your best bet. They tend to be faster, won't drop as many/any frames, etc... USB can be fine, though.

I have an external one I'm trying to sell if your intersted.

I was trying to have an internal one just because it would be one less thing on my computer desk, but i like that one. i'll keep it in mind, thanks

Aw, but mine's so small! Haha, it'll fit in your pocket ;P See?

People, I'll answer this time but if you have a question, make your OWN posts!

I don't beleive there's a tuner for DirectTV, but there are just basic input cards that would take the feed from say an SVideo cable or something. Or, don't most recevers connect though coaxal? Why not just connect one to the TV Tuner and leave it on Channel 3 or however it would work on a TV :p

I don't know about just the plain tuner cards so much but my son and I installed a ATI 9000 all-in-wonder in his computer about 3 years ago and it has a great interface for TV watching with remote that actually controls his whole computer not just the TV part. He has an A/B switch hook up for all his gameconsols so that with the 19" monitor he sits back and enjoys all his games...pc, genisis, ps2, Xbox and then captures screen shots for trading with his friends at school as backgrounds or prints them on quality photo papaer and uses them for folder covers...bad idea cause they are always being stolen from him...but what the heck!
The satelite feed will fit right into the tv card so it becomes a no issue

Back
Top Bottom