ATI RADEONâ„¢ X850 XT Platinum Edition

money_man said:
well nVidia doesnt have any single card to combat the X850XT PE so they'll just switch turns for a while wont they
You still aren't looking at the facts. The X850XT PE is a new generation of cards, while the 6800 Ultra came out before it. The 7800 GTX will defeat the X850XT in probably everything, and ATI will fail to release anything to counter it.

The X700 Pro is a sorry card.. along with the rest of the so called mid-range video cards. The mid-range market is the largest market... Nvidia is doing well because it directs its weight on that market.

Giancarlo said:
The 7800 GTX will defeat the X850XT in probably everything, and ATI will fail to release anything to counter it.

not trying to start an argument here but u said i dont look at the facts and then you stated ATI will fail to release a card to counter it...why wont they? you stated that as a fact

I think Nvidia is the way to go. Don't say I'm a Nvidia fan boy either, as I have ATI Radeon 9800 PRO in my PC. I just think that Nvidia now holds the crown for the best performing graphics hardware. The cards also seem to last longer too using existing technology.

ATI also doesn't seem to support the full Direct-X9 c, like Nvidia does.
For example, the new Pixel Shader 3 isn't supported, even in newer ATI cards, and I dont know why... Nvidia uses Direct-X9 c now, even in some of there budget cards (Geforce 6600GT is one of them).
Though Pixel Shader 3 isn't being used in new games yet, it'd be good to have it when they start using it. Basically it allows for more complex shaders to be used, and more of them, pushing the possibilities even more. For instance if you got a card hoping to support the Unreal 3 engine (Though it'd need to be good), you'd have a chance of running it how it was meant to be played.

Both makes are good though, but they just have different ways of rendering games, for instance with shadowing, etc.

To answer the question though, there is nothing out YET, hehe, though i'm sure they are working on it, and a good Geforce 6800 Ultra can push the limits to the x850 standard mostly if some overclocking is used I think.
The new Nvidia cards though with 512mb of memory will push these boundries more, even though they are still based on the 6800 core, and are just being passed on as a 7000 series.

I Hope this helps :)

money_man said:
not trying to start an argument here but u said i dont look at the facts and then you stated ATI will fail to release a card to counter it...why wont they? you stated that as a fact

You still aren't looking at the facts. You will notice ATI has nothing scheduled for June. I don't know why. Falling profits maybe?

Maybe...

Maybe ATI is working quietly in the lab comming up with something to offer against the Nvidia line. It's those quiet times when you don't hear from a company that they maybe hard at work on something superbad. But then it just might be a shortage of R & D funds and they have nothing to offer. We'll just have to wait and see what happens.

Yeah, I have a feeling they are building something... You never know. I doubt there doing badly working with the Xbox 360 and all. There probably going to get loads of money for that!
From that they could probably build a new chip for PC platforms...

Re: Maybe...

setishock said:
Maybe ATI is working quietly in the lab comming up with something to offer against the Nvidia line. It's those quiet times when you don't hear from a company that they maybe hard at work on something superbad. But then it just might be a shortage of R & D funds and they have nothing to offer. We'll just have to wait and see what happens.

Or just dealing with a lawsuit and a huge profit loss. Loss of resources is something else you should be concerned about.

Yeah... I guess we'll just have to wait and see like Setishock says. Only way of knowing really

I'm just going by present indicators.. Nvidia is doing better financially and is on a stable path, and ATI is struggling with a bad lawsuit, allegations of insider trading and faltering profits.

Back
Top Bottom