NEED HELP 4 first homemade computer!!!

Ok fellow Texan,
Just slow down a minute there partner,
Just exactly what happens when you crank that monster up?
Does it show anything at all? or just remains blank. Unplug the monitor from the pc and see if it gives the disconnect notice...
and now since you have everything going are all the fans and things working like start Beep lights on the floppy,optics drive and is the hdd LED working when you boot up and the last thing...your monitor light does it change color when it boots up?
let me know ASAP.

well heres whats weird, on the 230V all the fans run, along with the floppy drive, but the CD drives dont work. When you put it on 115V everything works but only for 3 sec. I think it should be running on 115V not 230V, but it wont stay on. im back to square one.

the everything is pluged in but no leds work when on 230V. Are you from Padre Island? I go to A@M Corpus Christi!

Could there be a possible overheating involved for such a short period of time? Usually if CPU or Power Supply overheat, it will shut down and not start back up again. Can you access BIOS at all, or does it shut down way before that?

OK my friend, stop whatever you are doing!!!NOW....
you have a bad psu and you need to stop messing before you fry everything if you already haven't.

My comps do that if you dont have the processor fan connected to the correct plug. Find what header is for what because you might have a safety feature that keeps the comp from comming on when it doesn't detect any RPMs from the Proc fan.

And so you know, if you are in the US, it's 115-120 volts. You're probably going to(if not already) damage something if you use 230 as it's NOT meant to run at that around here. That is only for Europe and other such coutries...

230volts is just 2 lines of 115 volts coming in at one time with a neutral. That is why you have lights on only part of your system. The other side is down and be glad it is or you would have fried everything.
Email me at gmail.com and I will give you a local number to call me tommorrow. Do you live at the island or off campus

well im sure the fan is plugged into the correct place, and i did try the other slot to connect it but it still turns off fast.

what would be ruined if the 230V did ruin something? the mother board?

i live on campus, but i dont want to trouble you. im home visiting my parents, and if i cant get this computer to work then i will just leave it here with my dad for him to fix.

Why would the processor fan work at 230V, but not at 115V?

Back
Top Bottom