Graphics Card Question

Thermal

Beta member
I got a brand new computer.

P4 with 3 gigz.
Upgraded the 512 MB of ram to 1 gig!

So pretty good but the problem is the graphics card is just an Intel Extreme Dedicated Graphics. So my question is...

1) How much MB's is this graphics card cause it doesn't say where i'm reading it?

2) Even with all those other good specs, will my computer be able to run most games nicely with that type of graphics card?

What motherboard is it? it probably has 64mb memory, and it probably won't play the newer games.

Genuine Intel D845GVFN Motherboard

Why wouldn't it run, a lot of games i see ask for 64 MB's on the requirements?

And by not running do you mean, it just won't look as good or it won't actually run?

It will run but lag like crazy, and thats the requirements just for the program to start not to play smoothly.

It uses a 64MB max. amount of memory for Intel's graphics. You can double check this by going into the DIsplay Properties and selecting the "Adapter" tab. It should tell you the memory size.

It's good that you have 1GB of RAM now, because you'll need it when you're rendering 3d textures.

Oh man, a microATX form factor? Doesn't look like there's a whole lot you can do it you are a gamer. So I would say no, you won't be able to run games like Half Life or Doom 3. If you do, it will not play very well.

Thanks for the help guys.

But wouldn't the gig of RAM help the game run smooth even if its just a 64 MB card?

And does anyone know info about PCI cards working on most games or not?

RAM is only for loading of the game, it doesn't really do anything for the 'smoothness' of the game.

I see.

Well while games that are the cream of the crop like Doom 3 and Half life 2 ask for 64 MB's graphic cards.

Thier's a bunch of other games that aren't top of the line in graphics asking for only 32 MB's. Am i good on games requiring 32 MB's? Cause if i am, i can live with missing out only the finest in gaming graphics.

Back
Top Bottom