PS2 Trouble!

Zaki

Daemon Poster
Hi, my ps2 is messing up a lot. its making clicking sounds when its trying to read cds, it takes forever to read cds, it randomly stops reading cds during gameplay, and it doesnt read cds at all some times. I have heard this problem can be fixed a few different ways. One of the options was to send it to sony, who i have heard fix it for free even if your warranty time has expired and that you have not opened the case yourself.

Is this TRUE?
im gonna be getting a mod chip put in the console, so I want to know if i should open the system and completely ruin my chances of getting the console repaired by sony or not?

HELPPPP!!!!111

No, I wouldn't open the system before sending it to sony since the warranty will compeltly go bcause they'll think you've messed with it to cause it not work.

If the guarrantee has gone, the only option I can sugest is Sony. I dont know about them doing it for free, but they might very well do, if its a problem thats just occured.
If there is a fault though with the system, they might charge you though, I can't be sure.

It is definetly a problem with the system though, and could be the motor spinnign the disc, the laser motor moving it, or even the laser.

Don't open it yourself though. You wouldn't find a fault doing that, it wouldn't be so simple.

Hope you get it sorted:)

Kage said:
No, I wouldn't open the system before sending it to sony since the warranty will compeltly go bcause they'll think you've messed with it to cause it not work.

If the guarrantee has gone, the only option I can sugest is Sony. I dont know about them doing it for free, but they might very well do, if its a problem thats just occured.
If there is a fault though with the system, they might charge you though, I can't be sure.

It is definetly a problem with the system though, and could be the motor spinnign the disc, the laser motor moving it, or even the laser.

Don't open it yourself though. You wouldn't find a fault doing that, it wouldn't be so simple.

Hope you get it sorted:)
thanks, yeah i wont open it untill i get that problem fixed

It might be the berrings, if your disks are getting really scratched when you put them in (the clicking sound)

ok i had that problem lol heres what i did till i got my ps2 fixed lol.......I called it Da Ghetto Ps2 lol put the game in that u want to play and put a peace of crap cd on top of it(thats right 2 cds) and it will work well

Hm...

I have heard they are or were having a problem with the cd drive. You really need to check with a sony repair station for further info.

Open it up, there is i think if im not mistaken 8 Screws on the bottom. Then you can get to you CD drive. There are two realy small Screws, the size for Glass's Open that up and take a look is the arm lubed up, if you spin the spindle does it make the clicking sound? I can get you some Tuts if you need, just search for it. Its realy Simple if your Warrentie is EXP do it its fun, If you break it, you can get another one for cheap. Have fun with it, i have 3 ps2s and ive opend one for bad disk error.

Duzz said:
Open it up, there is i think if im not mistaken 8 Screws on the bottom. Then you can get to you CD drive. There are two realy small Screws, the size for Glass's Open that up and take a look is the arm lubed up, if you spin the spindle does it make the clicking sound? I can get you some Tuts if you need, just search for it. Its realy Simple if your Warrentie is EXP do it its fun, If you break it, you can get another one for cheap. Have fun with it, i have 3 ps2s and ive opend one for bad disk error.

thanks, unfortunately i dont have 3 ps2s :D , or the money to get two more so im not in the mood for playing with it :D . but i do think you are right though, i mean its a pretty loud noise, and its directly related to the functionality of the cd

Yeah Duzz does seem to know what hes saying, but I still wouldn't try opening it up. Only if you could dish out for a new one :p
Thats if they wouldn't take it opened anyways, but you'd have to probably pay if thats the case... No idea how it works...

Does seem something to do with that though, but seems like an easy job and shouldn't take too long to fix. Is there any repair shops near you that would take one in?
I have one quite close that fixes anything, including musical keyboards and such that would do stuff like that for instance.

Hope you can get it sorted, but if all fails, you could post it to Sony, but expect it to take a while for what seems like an easy job :(

Back
Top Bottom