Building DJ worthy audio system into my computer.

nofx1510

Beta member
I have a 8 channel sound card in my asus p4p800-e so i decided to start on making a awsome sound system.
I have the 5 cd changer, and speakers. What i need is a reciever. And will i be able to transmit whatever i play on my computer out to the reciever and to the big speakers.
So what im asking really is would would be the best reciever to get.
I want a pretty cheap one/decient one that can get the job done.
Any advice would be great.

Well, if you want DJ quality audio, I wouldn't go with just a plain old receiver. Gotta go for the real DJ equipment. Gotta get an amp. I don't have much experience with them, so I can't recommend any. I just know a receiver isn't the best tool for a DJ setup. As for getting the audio out of your computer, it could be easily done. Just get the headphone jack to RCA jack converter cables. No problemo.

I'd also get a sound card like Creatives Sound Blaster Live Platinum 2 or something (is that the name?..)which would allow for higher editing qualities for music (96kbs I think). It depends how far you want to go with it all.

A good reciever is always the best thing to go for too, and a good yamaha can't go a miss. There great at sound based systems like that :)

nah kage, it's sound blaster audigy 2 zs, thats the card I'd get, and some thx certified speakers

Back
Top Bottom