Playstation 3 Unveiled!

Yeah, but in that movie I saw off need for speed. the one where you see it jumping over the cop cars. That movie was speeded up in places to make it seem more thrilling. Plus the car itself when it jumped over the police cars, as it hit the ground, the whole front of the car goes under the floor...!!! I do agree though that it was work in progress but from what i've seen, the Playstaton 3 is going to blow the competition away.
Has anyone seen that one on the streets? Where they showed parts of london??? With realitic cars going round? That looked real! and Dark Sector looks amazing too...

As for the Nintendo Revolution, i think they are going in a different route, and don't really care about hardware at all...not nessessarily a bad thing, but dont expect it to beat any of those 2 consoles. There just here to create games that can be enjoyed for all, and in a way i understand, but in others, i think it wouldn't do any harmto push the barriers too.

i think i'll wait before deciding though, wait until they all come out. Thats only the sensible way of doing it. You know at least that the Playstation 3 is going to be the one with more potentional for games at the moment in terms of power

POWER TESTS:

What I am a bit skeptical about with what we've seen so far though is that thesse tests that cameras can be moved around in. These are only based on small areas with not much going on in a game sense, so are these powered by a game engine in that resepect? so does that mean that these tests were seeing with excellent graphics could just be that, tests of the maximum it can do.
Like stuff you get with graphics cards. Games don't harness most of that power!

So is that true? It seems in some way like it could be. So even excellent graphics you're seeing on the playstation, and even that final fantasy one, might just be ones done like that.

See I'm also trying to tern this thread into more of a disscussion that an argument on hardware. Has anyone seen any demos there interested in and think are good?

ANIMATION INDUSTRY:

Right, I know I want to get into the animation indutry when I'm older where rendering comes into play. I'm worrying now that this might in some way be taken over by the games industry, and since i'm interested games too...should i switch?
The fact that the Playstation 3 could render movies it seems like pixar which can take 24 hours to render one frame in real time, makes it seem like theyc ould just run it from this. Am I right in saying this?

WHAT MIGHT INTEREST YOU:

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/05/16/news_6124681.html

Go here and watch the movie, trust me, its very interesting, and is all about the PS3 with tech demos and the like from E3. With talks about all of it. If you have 1 hour and 50 mins, watch it...i am now :p Very kewl!

wow, the PS3 ... i can not wait i will have to buy thet :) when the price goes down a bit <<< i am cheap >>> lol

Nintendo Revolution doesn't really have to have amazing graphics because most of their games go the cartoon way and not realistic way. the cartoon way is good for some games but most of the time i'll take the realistic way.

Yeah, i understand why there going the way they are, but they could do with having the hardware at least as god as the ones coming out as well to match developers standards taht will come into play

But if you think about it Nintendo is geared towards a younger age group that doesn't really care about graphics, so why spend more money on hardware, that raises the price. If you were a parent that had say a 7 year old what are you going to buy, a console that cost $700 or a $300? Most parents (unless they are loaded) are going to buy the cheaper one.

Yeah exactly, i think thats true.

After watchjin that whole demo i posted...i can say am blown away!! It contains all the technology demos you see on the ineternet at the moment plus more! You need to watch it. I'd give specific times of good bits, but i've forgotten lol...
It streams so doesn't have to be downloaded...I just wish the quality was a bit better at full screen

I went to buy killzone yesterday but they told me i couldn't because it's 'M', so i just bought ghost recon 2.

Killzone for the ps3 uses the Unreal 3 engine, so I doubt the first will look as good as that no, but I guess it'd probably still use a good engine.

I can't wait for a racing game to see how realistic they are...the Gran Turismo movie looked almost real. I could tell though in places by the cars reflections, and the wheels when the pit crew were taking them off... other than that, i was rather amazed... especially those great landscapes, Trees finally that aren't made with two solid sections and so a soilid model, and realsitic 3d people! :eek:
"What a big jump" my mate said who couldn't believe that was the PS3 doing that, and thought it was rendered by computers, though the one showing at E3 was a movie, but must have been recorded from the Plaaystation 3 before hand...I hope anyway

It shows how much pixel shaders, and vertex shaders really help games look real, with materials and such. Without them from direct x-8, games wouldn't look half as good as they do now. For instance, the glass seen in Doom 3 which makes characters from behind look distorted would be impossible, as would water effects, and reflections on guns looking as realistic as they do, plus making materials look like there meant to, for instance rocks, etc... I mean, they are going to power these new games.

Over 100 pixel shader operations per cycle in the PS3! (I tihnk it was that...or more :p)

Back
Top Bottom