In the market for a new Notebook

Kosis

Solid State Member
Hello, new to this forum.. :]

I'm wanting to purchase a new notebook. I've had the same computer since 2000 and really think it's time to upgrade.

I've been on pricewatch.com, but there are so many, I'm not sure what would suit me best. I've heard bad things about Pentium, not so much from Athlons. Should I be concerned about which one to get?

I'm wanting to spend $1000, or less if possible.

Any suggestions would be very helpful and appreciated.

Kos

Well, first you gotta tell us, what are you planning to do with your laptop?
for gaming? then probably athlon is better
mobile? Pentium Centrino is the best.

It all depends what you need it for.

For less than a $1,000 don't expect anything top of the line when it comes to laptops. If you plan on using it for gaming, you have to be willing to shell out more money than that. Since you have a limited budget, Dell has a laptop that uses the Pentium M:

http://www1.us.dell.com/content/products/features.aspx/featured_dp_notebook4_1?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs

It does an excellent job with office applications hands down. Don't compare this to the Pentium 4 or Athlon 64 by all means because we're talking about totally different class of processors and performance, not to mention costs too.

Got my XP-2000 Laptop for sale still for $500 ;)

But if you want a new cheaper one, I've been pleased with my Averatec.

I'm currently playing WoW.. well, I was but then I played too much. I'd like to have the option of going back to it.

I might use video editing programs on it later on as well.

Even though I'm currently only using my computer for school purposes, I'd like to have the option of playing games with great quality and editing programs, too.

But if that's not possible under $1500-$1700, then I might have to wait.

That's pretty neat, I didn't know you could customize a laptop.

It came out to $1600 though, ouch.

Back
Top Bottom