Everest ... Whats it mean? Attn Kaige :p

Re: Um...

setishock said:
www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/ProductInformation/0,,30_118_9485_9487^10272,00.html

Download the .pdf document. Use the save as to get it.
Cool and quiet does run the processor speed.

SO you think that is why everest is telling me that my CPU is running below normal? Because when I run everest there is no load on it?

NM .. I can see by running the cool and quiet dashboard that when I am idle, I am only running at 1000 Mghz.

I guess this answers my question.

On a side note, I mentioned that I was OD'd 5%. Can I push that number to 8 or 10% without added cooling? Right now I am useing the retail fan/heat sink that came with my CPU.

Um...

I wouldn't clock any higher without beefing up the cooling. look under the front of your case and tell me if you have an opening. One carved out in the nose peice.

Re: Um...

setishock said:
I wouldn't clock any higher without beefing up the cooling. look under the front of your case and tell me if you have an opening. One carved out in the nose peice.

Not sure what you mean by this. Are you talking about the space between the front cover of the case and the aluminum frame?

Ok...

The gap I refered to is a air intake in the front. What I do to a plastic nosed fronts is ream out the opening. Allows more air to come through. Also I cut out the grill where the fans mount so the air can get throught the fans easier. If you nib out the grills pack the case with a big towel and lay it so the motherboard is topside.
If you're planning on clocking up I would for now keep close tabs on the temps. If it gets to where it's topping out then consider getting another heat sink and fan for the cpu.

I run at around 25°C with no load on the CPU. At what temp should I begin to be concerned? I can set an alarm to go off so I know when I have gone too far.

Straight from AMD's website> It states that 70C/158F is max temp it will go. So I would be setting an alarm to sound at 48C/120F, shut down at 54C/130F. That is with the stock heatsink and fan. A better heat sink and fan will disapate heat better and allow you to clock up to higher speeds while keeping the temps under better control. BUT if you go with a better HSF then it would not hurt to go to higher CFM fans in the case.

"shut down at 54C/130F"

Opps...my CPU at full load at the moment gets to 56C and thats just with programs running. Games get to about that too though...
I used the guru clock to overclock it to turbo once and it got to 65c so hmm...I might have to get a more decent cooler

um...

the specs on the chip say 0 to 70C. without anything else to explain it I have to assume it's the operating range of the chip. I would look deeper in to the run temps on that cpu chip.

Back
Top Bottom