Cheap Laptop..Should i buy?

nickbuddy1111

In Runtime
my friends offering to sell me his Toshiba satelitte 1905 S301 laptop for $50. I know thats a good price but when you start the laptop up heres what happens...

you press the power button
the lights and stuff go on
the screen stays black
and theres no noise or anything

so i dont know if i should buy it, any possible problems? i dont really wanna buy it if it's the LCD, cause those are expensive right? but all in all hes giving me the laptop,wireless microsoft mouse,wireless card,restore disks and a case. so please tell me the possible problems and how much it will cost to repair. (no more warrenty)

It should have VGA out, maybe even TV out. I'm sure you could check to see if it's the LCD or not. Either way, $50 isn't bad for that other stuff. If you plan to get a laptop later on, you might just want it for the card and all(espaiolly if it's a 54G card...)

yeah, I'd hook it up to another monitor and see if you get anything on that, if not that something else is wrong and you don't want it...laptops are expensive to fix.

Just buy it anyway. If it dosen't work sell it to some idiot for $100. win win situation

exactly alot of stupid people with money will buy anything cheap these days. You know alot about computers they don't

The_Other_One said:
It should have VGA out, maybe even TV out. I'm sure you could check to see if it's the LCD or not. Either way, $50 isn't bad for that other stuff. If you plan to get a laptop later on, you might just want it for the card and all(espaiolly if it's a 54G card...)
Thats a good point. IT should work if you have another monitor to run it.

Back
Top Bottom