Stressing computer problem...

Hustler1

Beta member
Hi... I'm new here and I have a computer problem thats *issing me off... I have a hp ze4300 laptop and last night it started having problems... I was checking out a car on cardomain and then suddenly my desktop went blank and the only thing showing was the background. My icons disappear and the menu on the bottom too. Then about a second later it comes back and disappears again. This just continues over and over. When the icons show up for a split sec I try clicking on my computer and the start menu, but the it all disappears again. I can't open nothing. Do I have a virus or somthing?... I don't know much about computers, so if anyone knows how to solve this, your advice would help.

Thank You

Sounds like a virus to me, but I don't know. Are you able to start in safe mode? If so, I recommend doing that and updating Windows with all the latest updates. Also, make sure all your drivers are up to date. I'd say it's either a hardware issue or a virus.

reboot and toggle the F8 key to get to the start menu. Then select to start in last known good.... and see what it does. If it straightens out then it was probably some bug or bad file. If it doesn'twork then it may be that it is a hardware issue and you will have to hunt it down.

It could be a virus or your prosessor is shiting up on ya like mine did. Mine did the same thing and then the screen just went black.

I tried the safe mode and selected the last good time... When I got there, it froze... Then I went back to just normal safe mode and restored it from an earlier point and now its back to normal... Thanks for the help guys... Since I'm here... might as well ask you guys a question...haha... I have a virus program that i want to use, but when clicking on it the screen " do you want to stop installation" pops up and keeps on popping up... It asks yes or no, and it keeps on popping but doesnt stop... When I click on No it continues but when clicking on Yes, it closes... Any advice?

Virus...

Get stinger
http://vil.nai.com/vil/stinger/

Some viruses will block or disable a anti virus program. Yours sounds like a command is being issued to stop the install of the program.
Now to run stinger do the following.
1> Disable the restore points. The nasties like to hide out in the restore points. NOTE>>>Disabling the restore points will delete them.
2> Boot to safe mode. This limits the services and drivers to bare minimum.
3> Run your antivirus, stinger in this case.
4> Run all your ad/spy/malware tools.
5> Boot back to normal mode
6> Defrag and reboot.

This should get it out. Now try installing your antivirus program. Oh and after you run that one in the same manner don't forget to turn the restore points back on.

Back
Top Bottom