making a new drive

j Rizzo

In Runtime
How can I make my D drive bigger? if there's no way to do this, how do i split a piece of my C drive into another new drive(in my case G)?

I'm assuming by "D drive" you mean a partition on your main hard drive. If this is so, you can easily edit the partitions with an inexpensive partition editor; however, this will make all the data on the drive unreadable. Make sure to back up your data before messing around with partitions. I think some of the better partition programs allow partition changes without complete drive deletion, but I don't know as I have no use for partitions. And yes, you can make pretty much as many partitions as you want with any letter of the alphabet (except those associated with other drives, of course).

if you wanna repartition your c drive (the os drive) you'll have to reformat.....you can't just "cut off a chunk and add it to the next drive" thats not the way it works.

This can be done with Partition magic 8.0, about $50 or try ranish.com. It is free and has a practice function so you can check it out without trashing the hdd. Either way BACK UP!! I have seen them work perfectly but occasionally they will trash the drive.

Just a follow up-if you are trying to take space out of C: and add it to D: you first have to reduce the size of C: then add the unallocated space to D.

Back
Top Bottom