looking and looking.

UNCLEMIKE1

Baseband Member
I've been looking for some type of automotive odometer correction software, but havne't found any downloads yet. Does anyone have an idea where i can download for my laptop? Thanks

hmm.....I don't think anyone can reset digital odometers but dealers. and if you can, I don't think there is widely available software for it, if there was, everyone would be doing it and we'd be buying cars that say they have 50,000 miles when they really have 150,000 miles.

Thats the thing. There are plenty of sites offering the ability to to this but for a hefty price. Some of these companies offer their own hand held device with all types of custom connectors, but most companies offer software to run on a pc or a palm pilot. The software from these sites also has a hefty price and the connectors are the cheapest things to obtain yourself. I need to find someone that has just the software or where I can get it from. Thanks anyways though.

hehehe, my dad does that **i didnt say that...** lol
I dunno what he uses, he takes the car do his buddies shop.

Not to show you any kind of disrespect or anything, but you should get your facts straight before you make a comment on something you know nothing about. It is not illegal to alter your odometer reading. It is illegal to sell the automobile without informing the buyer that the miles on the odometer are not accurate. Check the laws my friend. Again not to disrespect you or anything, but if you're not going to help me don't respond because all you're doing is wasting my time and your key strokes. Thanks though.

no I didn't know that......relax dude, I stand corrected.
all I know is the kind of stuff that you are asking for is not widely available or else people would be using it in illegal ways.

Tommy Boy said:
no I didn't know that......relax dude, I stand corrected.
all I know is the kind of stuff that you are asking for is not widely available or else people would be using it in illegal ways.
Sorry about that dude. I've been getting a little hot under the collar because I can't find what I need that easily. I didn't mean to vent on you.

Back
Top Bottom