Cd-rw

alanuofm

Beta member
Hi, i have a QSI cdrw/dvd drive on an inspiron 9100. When i try to burn stuff near 700 mb (680, 670 etc) it says sucessfully burn yet the file doesnt work. I tried burning on my other computer and it works. I am using nero ultra edition and i also tried sonic recordnow. Neither works. Any suggestions?
It does work however on files much smaller than 700 mb. Thanks

Hmm, it could be a faulty drive, since it might be corrupting the files though the burning program wouldn't know this since it knows its sending the right data to the drive, if the drive is responding properly or not...

Make sure you are not doing alot in the background when burning, though this would more likely cause an error in the program sending information and give an error, and not in the drive itself...

So I'd just buy another drive, they are rather cheap now after all :) Maybe it was faulty when you got it? Still have a guarentee? Or did it work at one point? In which case, its probably the drive that has just gone

Hope this helps

I agree with kage. It seems like a faulty CD-RW drive. Come to think of that... I think mine might be faulty, but that should be on a different thread.

Kage is probably right but have you been using the same cd-rs try different cd-rs first before paying out your hard earned cash .
your rewriter may just not like those cd-rs your using yet the other system is obviously ok with them

Hmm thats a good point also :) Because It still would say it burnt fine either way if its not a problem with the software, and the DVD rom didn't send info back to it on the error, though you'd expect it to

hmm.. good point Assembler. Yea, he should try other CR disc. If that doesn't work maybe it's an issue with his computer or the CD-RW is faulty.

If its an issue with the computer, i'd ask to move the drive to the other to test it, but it doesn't seem likely.

Have you checked your pm list Shazbot?

go to the manufacturers website and get the latest firmware for your drive and update it and see if that helps.

Back
Top Bottom