Installing second HDD

DMB14

Baseband Member
I'm trying to install a second hard drive in my Dell Dim4600. I don't see how I can possibly get it in the slot without taking the whole frickin case apart. Is there any reason why it needs to be in that slot? Could I just connect the connectors and prop it up against the side of its proper slot or something?

well it needs adequate cooling or else it'll get too high in temp just taket eh case apart or lay it on the bottom of the case but be careful

Haha! Yeah... My antivirus software started going crazy and eventually the computer froze. I'm leaving that HDD alone for now! :eek:

ok...delete the partition on it and make another partition. That should get rid of a virus. At least thats how i did it.

Yeah, repartition and format the drive. That should clean it up. If not, then the drive is most likely corrupted in some way.

DMB14 said:
I'm trying to install a second hard drive in my Dell Dim4600. I don't see how I can possibly get it in the slot without taking the whole frickin case apart. Is there any reason why it needs to be in that slot? Could I just connect the connectors and prop it up against the side of its proper slot or something?

umm yeah......always put a hard drive in the proper slot and screw it down (or brackets or whatever kind of system your case uses). if you lay the hd on the bottom of the case and something happens and it somehow gets banged around, or falls....you'll be sorry. hard drives are finicky

I'll clean it up later, I put it back where it came from for now...

Tommy Boy, I know I should, but this HDD was free and I don't really have anything important on it (except for Windows Longhorn, which is kinda cool...).

Back
Top Bottom