AGP 8X To PCI-EX Bridge card

why couldnt they have had that when i went from AGP to PCI-ex. that would have made my upgrades alot cheaper instead of spending $1000.00 for cpu/mobo/gpu i could have just bopught mobo/cpu/bridge card

Yeah but the future is in PCI-E.

I think thats only going to be temporary for people who can't update yet or don't want to, since you know people who play games would only go for PCI-E since AGP is still more around, so they'd update when they could anyway.

I'm going to stick with AGP cards though, and not get a new motherboard for some time, i've only recently bought this one since i didn't want to move to the PCI-E format since i still had a AGP card...damn!!! hehe, this wasn't out then.

Theres nothing wrong with AGP yet though, and PCI-E is just another option, thoguh i'm sure it'll go above it soon, though AGP cards i'm sure will still be supported and released for.
But money man, don't worry :)

The future of PCI-E is slightly unknown at this time. Be careful.. these new standards come and go... PCI-E is in its infancy stage of advancement.. it isn't established. So careful. There is always the possibility it might even fall out of favor.

Hehe, yeah i guess it matters on the developers of the hardware...

Looks like I have a chance of being safe then :p

I think as time goes on though, they'l definitely need more bandwidth, which PCI-E would provide for newer and newer games, though another solution could come along, as of like the new DVD formats

how can it fall outta favour? its capable of faster bandwidth than AGP so it will move onto this since AGP bandwidth is already restricting cards (i.e X850XT PE)

If there is a newer AGP (or other format) standard released then PCI-E could have competition and could lose. Dude, I know a lot more about the market. Same thing goes with VHS and the older Laserdisc format... VHS eventually won out. Then DVDs came out, and DVDs most certainly won.

Back
Top Bottom