Hard drive messed up?

If disable or inable it it gives me an error message.

Disabled: Boot Failure System Halted

Enabled: Intel UNDI, PXE-2.0 (build081)
Copyright (C) 1997-2000 Intel Corporation
PXE-E61: Media test failure, check cable
PXE-M0F: Exiting Intel PXE Rom
Drive not ready- System halted

I don't have another HDD in there. I replaced the HDD because my other one had the Blue screen of death error message (0000007B). I don't exactly remember the whole error message, but that is why I got a new HDD and a new chip. I'm thinking that the RAM might have something to do with this error because when I took the old one out and repaced it with lower grade (I needed it to upgrade a computer) is when I had this problem.

Oh ya I forgot to add. The computer finally decided to reconize my 120 GB Western Digital HDD, so I'm guessing that's a good thing and the CD-RW sounds like it boots the windows XP CD I have in there, but for some reason it just says those errors.

Hmm, why did you replace it with a lower grade? Could you put that back?

Plus you could have formatted the other hard drive by installing windows ontop of it to format it.

What windows disc are you trying to install onto it? Some older windows won't even boot using the cd, and so this could be the problem.

That error message will stil be becuase it can;t find an operating system to boot to after the booting process has completed

I hope I can help

ok, found out that it was set to slave. I put it to Master, but I still get the media error. I'm thinking about just taking it to the shop and getting it fixed because nothing I have tried seems to be working.

I could put it back, but I need to get the RAM back from by brother. Windows XP Professional is what I'm trying to boot into it.

Yeah, try and get the ram back. i don't know why you would have used a lower grade ram if it was meant to be an upgrade :p Even if it ran at a faster speed, it wouldn't be worth it.

As for that windows, that should automatically reboot.

I doubt the ram will be the cause of the cd not booting up though... :( Sorry I can't be of more help.

OK, thanks for your help. I'm not sure what to do at this point besides take the thing to the shop or take the new HDD and set it up as a slave on a another PC and install windows on it. I'm guessing that would work?

Back
Top Bottom