Who's got the most RAM?

1 gig on both comps... but my neighboor down the street has a freakin g5 and does multi tasking like no other.... with his damn 8 gigs of ram. and it is possble, believe me... check the mac site. its so freakin crazy... i dont think he needs that much but he says that he does... *sigh* it cost him like $3000 to do it too... i would never use that much. the most i have ever used is 758 mb.

the ram itself would have cost $2999 i own a g5 and run 2gb ram run great what applications does he use?

Edit Acctuly on the apple site here says the ram alone for 8gb would cost $2250 did you mean the cost of the ram was $3000 or the whole g5?

Speedydowt said:
the ram itself would have cost $2999 i own a g5 and run 2gb ram run great what applications does he use?

Edit Acctuly on the apple site here says the ram alone for 8gb would cost $2250 did you mean the cost of the ram was $3000 or the whole g5?
i wasnt too sure about it, but i knew that 8gb of ram was around $3000. so yeah. its so incredible... and he doesnt really even do that much... just wants to show off i guess...

i like the G5's i want one but i dont, im torn, i just want a mac to fool around with since i know about 2% of everything there is to know about them lol

lol... but they're frekain crazy for video editing, pictures, and espeically graphics... when im a graphic designer, well, if im ever one, that's the first thing ill get.

Ram...

Ok...I thought that 512 was enough until tonight.
I was reading an e-magazine using Zinio reader and
opened the task manager to see how things were going...
Surprise...the computer was on a peak of 610924 mb.
That means that it had to run about 100 mb on the hard disk, and you know this slows things a bit.
So, you can live with 512, but a giga is safer...

Back
Top Bottom