The Xbox 360

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah. It is like a Media Centre PC, but one thing I love about consoles, unlike PC's is that developers know what the system is capable off, unlike with PC's with loads of different specs to work with.

So they know they can create a great game with excellent graphics that push the boundries, knowing that everyone will be able to run it with that console. I think thats what makes them special.

For instance, full physics systems couldn't be created for PC's yet (not like Half Life 2, though this is rather good) because of all the different hardware again. They can force and plod along with it on consoles

This is what pushes them against PC's in my opinion. Though I don't like it when developers have to choose a system to work with... you might end up with the one that doesn't have the games you want, though its best to do research first, which is why I won't wait until prices drop and a load of game options are available.

I want blu-ray to win against HD-DVD by the way. Allows for bigger storage (25gb a layer, 2 layers), though the technoloy would cost more for manuafctuers since its a whole new system compared with HD-DVD (25gb total for both layers) that would only need a few changes and would be cheaper at first...

yes very nice point. you'll never see anyone saying my PS3 is better than your PS3 i get 115fps instead or your 112fps!!

money_man said:
yes very nice point. you'll never see anyone saying my PS3 is better than your PS3 i get 115fps instead or your 112fps!!
Haha, but there is always console modding!

hehe i doubt that would kick off... though you never know. They should allow updating features...

Like for instance on cartridge based systems, a few games had a special chip to allow the consoles to do more things and gave more flexibility.

If chips could be replaced using a slot based system like that when a game needs more, it would be a simple job, though I would see the problem of developers pushing it with new hardware then...so you would end up with a few problems with speed...

What do you think?

lol yea but everyone is too stupid to know how to o/c a console including myself if you can even O/C one that is. everyone just puts lights in it.

P.S i want teh black PS3 it looks spiffy although white might be nice

yea, you can. I saw an article about some guy OC'ing a sega genisis, a long time ago. I tried to find the article but i dont know if you can still get it.

true but did you know of the cell prossesor that PS3 is useing or the other Xboxes there are three that are comeing out one more thing don't forget the nintendo revolution.

money_man said:
ok seriously people this is my problem. XBOX's are just like computers. IF YOU WANT A COMPUTER BUY A COMPUTER!!! if you want a console which is what the xbox claims to be then you want a PS3 or something else.

Haha, all the new consoles are like computers! X360, PS3, Revolution are all run by CPU's, use RAM, have a graphics chip and run very similar to each other. So spare me the "Xbox just a computer, while the PS3 isn't" crap...the PS3 is just as much of a computer as the X360 and the Revolution are. :rolleyes:

Giancarlo said:
I'm sticking to my PC. I don't buy into this overhype.

Well it is pretty exciting considering that the X360, PS3, and Revolution are going to be about 5-8 times more powerful than your computer...

mayorredbeard said:
Anyways, how the heck is microsoft plan on offering all of this at a reasonable price? These parts seem to carry a hefty pricetag to me.

The PS3 and Revolution both sound pretty expensive to me too...

money_man said:
they shouldnt have 20gb hd's because how many games are you gunna play before you fill that up? XBOX jsut seems like it can do some bragging because of HD.

What the f...? More your biased statements, eh? The PS3 is going to have a hard drive too...and about the same multimedia features as the X360. So please, spare me...:rolleyes:

thats right but if u want PS3 to be a computer make it a computer thats why i use my Xbox with linux to play my PS2 games and the Xbox plays better with linux and Emu's for other stations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom