Age Limit?

i just read: "A foosball may travel at speeds up to 35 mph in competition. Sometimes it is hard to even see the ball at that speed, it is more of a blur."

and there are robotic foosball players as well.

Tulsileaf said:
i just read: "A foosball may travel at speeds up to 35 mph in competition. Sometimes it is hard to even see the ball at that speed, it is more of a blur."

and there are robotic foosball players as well.
Wow, that would be cool!

anyway, how can you say that golf is boring when you do track... wow... running round in a circle... what fun :rolleyes: all you do all day is run round in circles, how the hell can you call that fun...

Oh please, cut the bullshit. First off, there is so much competition, that your head can't handle it... Second, the races are fun to watch.. the 4 X 4 relay, the fastest and furious'est race there... And there are more people cheering you during a race then in golf... rofl. Apparently track is accualy a sport that takes some physical power to play (read again, any sport that you can be overweight in, and still play, is not a sport). You don't know anything about track obviously. And, there are the field events.

For me I find soccer is more fun then both track and golf... you incorporate a lot of running in soccer and you need physical strength.. but you also have a more competitive objective.

Giancarlo said:
I like mini-golf. It is fun. A lot less water then golf courses. Regular golf course cause massive soil erosion. And here in Cali.. they should be banned! TOTALLY BANNED! If the natural rainfall cannot support them, they can't be around.

Here in Georgia we take great pride in our golf courses. They are planned for years as to the enviromental impact. They do not use more water than is needed to keep them green. During the water bans in dry summers they either pay out the ass for water or suffer along with the rest of us. And the grass seed industry is making strides to come up with better and better grass that can survive on less and less water. We don't just plow up land for golf courses. They too have to go throught the planing comission.
As for using the land for hospitals, here in the metro Atlanta area we have too many and that's a fact. But what we do have is Emorey and Grady. Two of the finest teaching hospitals. I had my cataracts fixed at Grady. Just north of Atlanta where I live we have Kennestone and several smaller church and private hospitals. And Lifeflight connects to them all in a matters of mins.

Taken out of context from another post>
if you watched the masters the other week you would have seen all the animals that walk around the golf course... there were loads of geese, goslings, swans, etc, etc on there, and they werent being shooed away or anything... they were being encouraged to stay on there... they are good for the enviroment because of all the wildlife that lives on them... if buildings were built on there, then that wildlife would be displaced...
End quote.
I live a two hour or so drive from the Masters course. What he says is true. And all the courses built after the masters course was laid out has the same theme.
Golf in my book is a good healthy activity. Lots of walking. Golf is a thinking sport not a full contact sport.

thats exactly what i was trying to say... thanks for posting that selti...

Oh please, cut the bullshit. First off, there is so much competition, that your head can't handle it... Second, the races are fun to watch.. the 4 X 4 relay, the fastest and furious'est race there... And there are more people cheering you during a race then in golf... rofl. Apparently track is accualy a sport that takes some physical power to play (read again, any sport that you can be overweight in, and still play, is not a sport). You don't know anything about track obviously. And, there are the field events.

and there is alot of competition with golf, perhaps more so than in track... you tee off with other players, and that puts pressure on you...

golf is fun to watch, ive spent many hours watching golf, looking at their swings, and trying to see how i can improve my swing (i havnt played that much, so im still learing what the best action is...)

uhhh, have you watched the masters? if so, you would see the thousands of people that follow the players around the golf course... that is more support than you get running round a track...

golf is more to do with skill than physical power, if you have a crap action, you are going to loose, its more skilled than track...

no, i dont know much about track... it bores me off my ass watching people running round in circles...

golf is probably better exercise than track, you are walking around all day, especially if your playing an 18 hole course, you will travel alot further than if you run 400m or whatever...

perhaps more so than in track

Ever seen a 100 meter dash? 8 people finish within a second of each other. Tell me there's no competition in that.

golf is fun to watch

Meh, they spend too much time just standing there.... Unless you're talking about Happy Gilmore, IMO, it's not. Theres like, no raw display of power.... which is what I like.

that is more support than you get running round a track...

Nah. 1. You don't have any evidence to support this.. 2. An olympic stadium support more people then a field on a golf course, so I know you're wrong there (at least refering to olympic track races).

golf is more to do with skill than physical power

Correction: Golf is all about skill, not power. Which is why it shouldn't be considered a sport.

its more skilled than track...

When you are able to clear 15 feet with a pole vault stick, or be able to pace 4 laps all withing 1 second of each other, or be able to clear 10 men's hudles, or be able to do perfect dorsleflex + steady arm movement in a sprint, or jump 25 + feet in a sandbox, please do tell me that track requires no skill.

it bores me off my ass watching people running round in circles...

1. The most popular races (100, 200, 400) are not "circles". The 100 is one stretch of the track, 200 is half the track, and 400 is an all out sprint around the track. The 4X400 esspecially (a relay), you get so many cheering going on, that's why I love it... Such an energetic race, just non-stop sprinting and competition.. display of raw power, endurance, and skill.

See, apparently track is the most popular event of the Olympics, while golf is a laughable idea that is getting virtually no support of getting on the Olympics.

golf is probably better exercise than track

LOL LOL LOL LOL, please go jump off a cliff, or admit you were joking there.

you are walking around all day

Walking != exercise. Walking = basic life motion that most americans don't do, and in turn, are overweight.

Exercise only is effective when you burn lactic acid.. now, until you are walking so much that you are about to be like "OMG, I can't walk any further, I need to drop down, and get water", you're not working out. It's simply keeping your body in regular shape, not impoving it... I repeat, walking is NOT exercise, it only keeps you in the same place as far as physical power.

you will travel alot further than if you run 400m or whatever

At an average meet, I do 1 mile jog warmup, about 800m of stride out's/drills, then my 1600 race, then 800m cooldown, then 800m of drills again, then my 800m race, then the same cooldown, then the 4X400 relay, then a 20 minute final cooldown. And inbetween all that, I get in more walking then you guys do walking between holes. Besides, lot of you take golf carts everywhere, so... no, not really.

In golf they don't even walk anymore.. they need those stupid little golf carts.... golf is perhaps the most exercising lacking "spor..t-not" there is.

Back
Top Bottom