LA ushers in new corrupt mayor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giancarlo

Banned
:mad:

More corruption from the same old California Democrats that have ruled this city... Villaraigosa, totally unqualified for the job, will probably have a collapse in his own popularity ratings when he proves worthless. This is just another dark time for this city.

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20050518/ap_on_el_gu/la_mayor

Besides an awful, awful turnout this race is just a joke. A corrupt mayor replaced by another corrupt guy. This is just awful.

More corruption from the same old political party and establishment.

Ugh, you can see I'm very upset about this...

Well, now you know how I felt when Bush was "ushered" in.

I don't know anything about L.A. politics, so I'll just stop there...

But seriously, if Arnold pulls off another one of those "I shall help the school systems! But first, let me borrow 2 billion from you guys!".... The teachers will go on rage... He is not helping our education.. several of the teachers in my district are going to Sacramento in a couple weekends to protest his education budget cuts... And I'm on the recieving end of this.. classes are too big, teachers are underpaid... bah.

rakedog said:
Well, now you know how I felt when Bush was "ushered" in.

I don't know anything about L.A. politics, so I'll just stop there...

But seriously, if Arnold pulls off another one of those "I shall help the school systems! But first, let me borrow 2 billion from you guys!".... The teachers will go on rage... He is not helping our education.. several of the teachers in my district are going to Sacramento in a couple weekends to protest his education budget cuts... And I'm on the recieving end of this.. classes are too big, teachers are underpaid... bah.

Well Bush is much better then any democrat out there, and he has a pretty good plan with the economy I think.

What a bunch of political talk. You just don't realize what he has to do? He does need to cut the education budget because he doesn't have a choice. However, tax revenues are finally going up because it was his plan that is improving the business sentiment. And for one, I'm on the bigger receiving end because Cal State schools were far more effected then high schools.

We have to spend within our means. And I hope you understand that.

But this thread had nothing to do with Arnold.

Arnold has done a lot of good for this state, and a lot more then you want to admit. He has improved the business outlook by several reforms he has taken. We see that Arnold has an additional $4 billion dollars in tax revenues.

http://sacunion.com/pages/state_capitol/articles/4864

Very responsible budget in fact.

"SACRAMENTO—Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger's plan to use some $4 billion in unanticipated tax money to pay off debt and reduce borrowing won approval from the state's nonpartisan legislative analyst.

Schwarzenegger released a $115.7 billion budget proposal last week that put more money into highways and some education programs but avoided spending increases on most other services.

Educators criticized the governor's plan for not doing more for schools, but Legislative Analyst Elizabeth Hill warned lawmakers that any additional spending would add to a shortfall in the 2006-2007 budget. That shortfall is now expected to be at least $5 billion.

“It's a positive step to use additional revenues to reduce debt, but we still have a ways to go,” she said Monday.

The unanticipated income comes largely from tax receipts that reflect an improving economy and a successful tax amnesty program, Hill said. The extra income allowed Schwarzenegger to abandon a plan to sell $1.7 billion in bonds to pay operating expenses and restore $1.3 billion in road and highway money that he wanted for other uses."

Looks like my side is winning this...

You have to take fiscal austerity or complete financial collapse. And I just showed he is helping education... so please check out sources before you make statements. I seriously don't want to see you dems get in power and mess things up royally again.

I don't see any additional education cut in this new budget.

We need to work on improving California's economy which is a first... because a better economy means more tax revenues. More tax revenues means a better budget. But that is something you dems you just don't seem to grasp. I'm sick and tired of it.

I also see those ads on criticizing Arnold have disappeared.. must be the improving tax collection! You dems have one less thing to attack. You are just upset because you didn't do anything right when you had your chance. You had your chance with Gray Davis.. and you blew it.

Not to you mate...Just thought it was a funny pic I could bring into the conversation :D

173.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom