possible hack/hijack attempt

animefreak

Baseband Member
i am srue that most of u guys here know wat viewpoint manager is?

if you dont and u find it in you computer i am positive that it is some virus attempt. along with this new one that i just found ... NET MEETING if u have ANY of them or something that you know that u NEVER installed b4 quickly uninstall it

ill give u any updates if i find any

but the thing is that i cannot remove the net meeting . someone help? plz :(

Snitched from a web site concerning viewpoint products.

Viewpoint Media Player is bundled with AOL, AOL Instant Messenger, Netscape 7, etc and sometimes not mentioned in the license agreement. Source
Viewpoint Media Player is also bundled with Adobe Atmosphere and hardware manufacturers pre-install some of these applications mentioned above, so those machines will have Viewpoint installed as well. I think Viewpoint Media Player has a fine bundling policy because it is only bundled with related products and they actually use the media player. For example, Adobe Atmosphere uses the Viewpoint Media Player to view a virtual world and AOL uses Viewpoint for advertising and enhanced content on their service and in the client software itself. The SuperBuddies feature (for instant messaging), Instant Greetings, Kids Online, the new windowing system, and many other areas on AOL deliver high-impact graphics using Viewpoint. The Viewpoint Media Player is required for AOL's operation and if it is removed AOL will reinstall Viewpoint Media Player.
It ain't a virus.
As for net meeting if you use win2000 it comes bundled in it. If xp it's a add on goodie that is a microsoft product.

Back
Top Bottom