html help please !!!!!!!

ZeRo CoOL!

BSOD
well to start off with ill tell you what it is im after lol

well what it is, is im using this code to put usic on my site

<embed width="190" height="19" src="/music/Puff%20daddy%20ft.%20Mase%20-%20Feels%20So%20Good.mp3" controller="true" autostart="true" loop="true"></embed></center>

and i am justw ondering if there is any way to put more than one song on it insted of just one song ???

if any one knows how to do it would you please post here

thanks

ZeRo CoOL!

if you mean more than one song in a single web page, then i suppose you could do that.

if you mean more than one song in a single embed tag, then no.

most folks still use dial-up modems, an embedded mp3 will take an awfully long time for page to load, that's why midi is commonly used

also is a good idea to enable your page viewers to have option of turning music on or off

you could put all your mp3 file links on the page so when one is clicked on players will open and stream it

but that would also allow folks to download & save the file so of course one must be aware of copyright issues & permissions involved when giving away an artists music

Ahh screw the people on dial up... broadband is not even the future anymore it's the present...

all I can suggest is that you make one huge MP3 by joining all the tracks you want together.

root said:
Ahh screw the people on dial up... broadband is not even the future anymore it's the present...

over half of internet users worldwide still use dial-up modems, that's a lot of folks to screw

yes, but will over half the users world wide be going to that site?

I'm going to guess no...
I don't even know what the site is, so I'm not judging the site, or the author, I think that not over half the world wil be visiting this site because it's a personal site.
I'm guessing it's a personal site because there will e embedded music files, most professional site don't have embedded music files.

most personal sites are only ever view by friends, and sometimes linked by google for some content (it really depends what you are offering).
(This is where My assumptions go into overdrive)
those frinds aer most likely to be friends in school, who will also most likely be viewing the site inside of school as well... schools generally have high speed links.

At the end of the day you'll probably do better going with the idea of just linking the files will be best.
being able to download the file and save the file isn't really an issue, because...
the embedded object will be saved, (and can be retrieved) from the temporary internet files.
the page source can be viewed and the file can be downloaded directly.

root said:
sometimes linked by google for some content (it really depends what you are offering).
the page source can be viewed and the file can be downloaded directly.

so just a site to share music files online? controversial subject

good luck with it

The only thing I could think of to include more than one song would be to chain them together in one long mp3 file... but that would make the file even larger of course. You could probably make a script that referenced songs also (JavaScript may be able to do this) so that the first song would play, and when over, the script referenced the next song. That would take some work, but I think it's possible.

Back
Top Bottom