Help Powerbook Sleep

Well you won't be able to do that if you can't even get into the laptop :p
Is there a safemode on Mac's at all?

Does Sleep and that work in that? You could try it :) At least then you could disablethe sleep button.

Or if you can, re-install the Mac OS. Maybe you set the settings for sleep and that, so that when you re-install tehre won't be one..maybe?

Hmm yea :( I know this might not seem possible. But from Terminal, can you somehow get a pen drive or something, and find the file on the drive with your papers on and somehow copy it across? I don't know how MAC's work you see, I'm afraid.

You could then copy the documetn somewhere else to work on, until you get your laptop sorted...

Breakthrough: I am now able to log into my machine. But, once I am logged in(not before) my keyboard and mouse cease to function. my laptop is now a desktop lol. It can only function with the charger plugged in and can only be opperated by an external USB mouse & keyboard.

I did that lol. But here is another breakthrough: My computer only gets sleepy when my battery is in.

couldn't you remove the harddrive from the labtop, then hook it up to another mac or another labtop of your kind (im sure if you went to the store where you bought it from they mgiht let you do it or do it for you) and then asked for the files you needed put on a cd or a pen drive, you could do that.

Then simply print the files out elsewhere, and fix your labtop later. On my sisters labtop theirs a little spring that pushes a button up, and when you close the labtop trhe spring loaded button is pushed down and goes into sleep mode. However, if that spring was missing/fell out of place when it dropped that could also be the problem.

O ya, its not really a spring, its a little mechanism that can simply contract when put under enough pressure, and naturally wants to push out, i'm not exactly sure howe it works but it acts like a spring.

sorry didnt read the end of the other post. it could be that your battery isn't holding any charge, if your using certain battery cells in the battery (very common cells) that a drop such as the one you encountered could reverse the memory effect that the cells in the battery use to hold a charge.

So the drop of the labtop could of effected the way the battery operates, if it uses Nickel Codium cells (NiCd cells). This would explain why your battery can function for a certain amount of time, but then gives out.

What could be happening is that the batterys memory effect is not completly ruined, so it has a small amount of mah it can store. So your 1000 mah battery to 3000 mah battery (depends on which battery you have) it could only be storing 5 or 6 mah. So it has enough power to boot up windows, or boot up to a certain point, but when the parts start requiring more power, thus your computer battery gives out, and restarts. Then it realizes that it has enough power to boot up again, so it does, then once the parts start requring more power again after login it gives out and the comp restarts.

Something similar HAS happened to me in a Nickle Codium (NicD) cell battery before, although it does take a hard hit to happen, worth a shot to try another battery.

If your battery uses NiMh cells (i forget what that one stands for), it could simply be damaged battery cells, since NiMh cells don't use the memory effect.

Back
Top Bottom