The Xbox 360

Status
Not open for further replies.
sony will win anyway. like XBOX did to PS2, PS3 wil do to XBOX 360. and by that i mean find all the problems with the competition and then fix those problems with their own products and then wa-la makes the newer system seem better than the competitors. BTW he said he got those from some site about a month ago. he isnt on-line right now so i cant ask him but i will

Yea the new 360 look HAWT! but I cant wait to see what sony has got.. they havent said much at all to meny rumors....I hurd its supposed to be NICE but cost more than 360...you get what u pay for....but who know :)

money_man said:
CPU~
X-box next - 2(maybe 6 according to some unofficial rumors) 64-bit processors at 3 Ghz TOTAL(btw these are actually modified MACINTOSH PowerPC Processors)
PS3 - 4 128[or possibly 256(still undecided)]-bit processors at 4Ghz EACH

The Xbox 360 is going to have 3 PowerPC processors running at 3.2ghz. Is there even such thing as a 128 or a 256-bit processor?!

money_man said:
Memory~
X-box Next - most likely a modified form of DDR2 operating at an effective clock speed of 800-1000Mhz
PS3 - Rambus "Yellowstone" and "Redwood" Modules operating at at least 3200Mhz

Microsoft will need 3-4 times as much memory ot compete

The Xbox 360 is going to have 512mb of GDDR Memory.

money_man said:
GPU~
X-box Next -An ATI Chip Very likely at the R500/R550 level
PS3 - NVidia custom processor approx. 2-3 times faster than GeForce 6800 OC

From What we've seen from ATI and NVidia recently these gpu's will be roughly equal on all levels that matter.

The Xbox 360 will have a ATI manufactured chip running at 500mhz and 48 pixel shader pipelines.

money_man said:
Medium~
X-Box Next - HD-DVD Single Layer(15GB) - Hard Drive Optional
PS3 - Blu-Ray SL(25GB) - Hard Drive Likely to be Built-In

The next-gen formats are designed to provide higher storage capcity than DVDs.(4.7 GB single layer and 8.5 DL)
Single-layer HD-DVD discs are able to hold around 15Gb with the dual layer version holding around 30Gb. Single-layer Blu-Ray discs are able to hold around 25Gb with the dual layer version holding around 50Gb.

Yeah, the only confirmed "victory" that the PS3 has is Blu-Ray. The HDD will be 20gb and removable. So you can link it up to your computer and rip music into the hard drive etc. making it a Media Center too.

money-man said:
It is all too apparent that the PS3 trumps the x-box next at every turn. The Only level ground is with their GPU's but w/out the x-box next's specs being up to par; PS3 will take the lead there too.

Well the specs for the PS3 aren't confirmed yet so it's hard to tell. Go tell your friend to get better sources.

drooling... ill get some paper towel and clean up the mess on the keyboard then come back later and post a propper post on this once i have picked up the pieces of my blown mind!!!

ok seriously people this is my problem. XBOX's are just like computers. IF YOU WANT A COMPUTER BUY A COMPUTER!!! if you want a console which is what the xbox claims to be then you want a PS3 or something else.

money_man said:
ok seriously people this is my problem. XBOX's are just like computers. IF YOU WANT A COMPUTER BUY A COMPUTER!!! if you want a console which is what the xbox claims to be then you want a PS3 or something else.

what defines a console and a computer really? Consoles use computer parts, is it just the operating system? If the x-box 360 is better then then ps3 why would someone wh wants a console get the ps3? So what if it's sort of like a computer, so is the ps3. The line between computers and consoles is becoming less and less distinct, and I think it will just eventually dissapear.
----

Anyways, how the heck is microsoft plan on offering all of this at a reasonable price? These parts seem to carry a hefty pricetag to me.

yes they probably will cost a little bit but microsoft wont care because tehy have no competition for another year. IMO consoles should'nt be able to store music, only game related files. they shouldnt have 20gb hd's because how many games are you gunna play before you fill that up? XBOX jsut seems like it can do some bragging because of HD. the way i see it when consoles start becoming computers and have better technology like the 48 pipelines alvino pointed out why not just stick with computers? instead of buying the consoles or why nopt make computers obsolete and use consoles. consoles should never advance higher than computers

money_man said:
yes they probably will cost a little bit but microsoft wont care because tehy have no competition for another year. IMO consoles should'nt be able to store music, only game related files. they shouldnt have 20gb hd's because how many games are you gunna play before you fill that up? XBOX jsut seems like it can do some bragging because of HD. the way i see it when consoles start becoming computers and have better technology like the 48 pipelines alvino pointed out why not just stick with computers? instead of buying the consoles or why nopt make computers obsolete and use consoles. consoles should never advance higher than computers

good point, because consoles are becoming more and more reliant on computer technology, once console consumers realize that companys will cease making consoles, consoles will die.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom