Pentium 3 Binary!!!

sammers

Beta member
How the hell do you access the P3 binary.. I've only ever had to press delete to get there. Please help me. I have no idea what the chipset is, but when it boots, it doesn't even give me an option to get into the background.

I tryed pressing f1 to f12, enter and backspace.... just need a hand.

Thanks a lot

I think you mean bios? Try pressing Del at bootup instead :)

What do you want to get into there for?

Hope this helps

I need to format a computer... and yeah, sorry... Bios.. not binary... don't i feel like an ass. I need to change the boot sequence so that it'll read the Rom drive first, so i can format the HD. And i tryed pressing delete and that doesn't do it..

Ah right. Its an easy mistake to make :p

Well delete should... i dont meant the backspace key by the way, I mean the Delete key (Sorry if this seems obvious to you...)
If no luck, the bios prompt when booting (when you can press the button) it should say what you can press on yours instead somewhere at the bottom or on the right.
If not delete, it'd be a key like that.

Hope this helps

I'm moved this to the Computer Hardware and Software part of the forum by the way because this is where all the computer problems and where most people go with technical knowledge.
The social is just to talk about stuff :)
Just for the future :)

who is the computer/motherboard made by? just google the manufacturers name follow by bios (eg - compaq bios) and you'll certainly find a page that will tell you which key to press and when. I recently had to do this when working on an old Acer system for a friend

Nice, thanks guys. Thoughs are some great ideas.... for some reason, when i boot, it doesn't even prompt that it's scanning for devices, it just shoots up the xp screen.... it's a little odd, but it's also a 5 year old IBM so i don't know whats going on there.

Thats a wicked chart, and now i've got that bit sorted out, now i need to know why when i reboot, the POST doesn't even come up. It just boots right to Windows Xp Screen. It had ME on it, and i just did a replacment install, thinking that it formated the whole computer, not just erased the old windows. Maybe something buggered it up when i did that? It didn't do much of a post even before that... so i just don't know. Thanks for all your time and help btw, it's greatly appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom