sata and scsi issue

r34 skyline gtr

Beta member
Hey peeps. I currently have an issue with my SATA HD. It's a Hitachi, 250 gig 7200 RPM HD. It's a SATA HD, but I reformatted just recently and now it says, in the properties, that it's a SCSI. I don't really know what happened in between the reformatting, but I backed up all my important files on my 250 gig HD and reformatting that is not an option. I updated the drivers using the nVidia unified drivers... version 5.10 and everything else works... I've reformatted before with all my files backed up on that exact HD, but I don't know what happened. I was using Windows XP Pro before, but now I'm using Home and I currently have a AMD 62 3000+ 2.08 ghz and a k8n-pro gigabyte motherboard if that helps. If anyone can help me out, that would be great. Thanks

Check the jumpers. That's wierd...SCSI is a completely different type of interface.

Oh yeah! Haha, my apologies! :p I forgot that SATA doesn't need jumpers (I'm still thinking in IDE mode).

Yep lol. But yeah, do you think you can help me out? My main HD I use is IDE, but the Hitachi is the storage HD and I basically only use it for storage... It's the only SATA HD I own right now. I need to get all my other files off that HD and back onto the main HD.

Back
Top Bottom