Corrupted Files

kyleman999

Daemon Poster
i just formated and another completely different partition now has half o my files (mp3,jpegs) that are currupted, like some pics u can see half of it n stuff its so weird, any idea what i can do to recover my files???

im afraid that once the image file is corrupt --- its corrupt, had it been deleted and you wanted to recover it, there would have been a solution. I spent some time searching on the Internet for something that might help you, but i got nowhere. However, have a look at this page, it might be useful to you if not for now, but later in future.

http://www.winappslist.com/utilities/data_recovery.htm

always backup that stuff onto discs and stuff. I keep a handy folder on my desktop labeled "Stuff to Burn" and I compress my pictures and music and documents and once i get around 650-700MB worth of data I burn it!

kyleman999 said:
o well thanks anyway i'm on my way to format it now :( bye bye music and pictures

Ive been through the same situation countless of times, my worst time was during my technical college days, I ended up losing a 120 page project and I had to start it all from scratch again otherwise I would have the failed the whole degree.

Ive learnt to keep backups ... The best way to gain wisdom is through our own mistakes, well at least I speak for myself

Dont upset yourself about it... you will build yourself up again.

how are they corrupted? you may be able to use disk utilitis like scan disk or defrag to see if the files can be rescued. (it's only ging to work wit very light corruption).

yea well i've already formated , meh i still have most of my pictures and you know random files, just here and there pictures missing, dosnet really bother me, this happend to me in Dec 2004 so... lol ive gone threw it many times. Thank god i had another hardrive with all my msuic on it cause man it takes a whle to redownload 2 grand of music lol ( that i bought......*) just incause i'm not allowed to say that i downlaod music lol

Back
Top Bottom