poblem with a certain game.

j Rizzo

In Runtime
im having a problem with close combat 4 & 5(rts): every battle that i play the fps gets worse and worse, if i restart the computer then my first game will be fine then it slows down again. it was like this both before and after i got the x800 xt, it got a little better when i got the card but there's no reason that it shouldn't be able to play the game perfectly. what could be wrong?

Hmm... I don't know exactly what it could be, but could be something to do with memory clearing...maybe somehow the memory isn't being cleared each time you play. Though bit strange this has occured on two cards, so seems more to do with the PC internals.

By any chance could it be overheating? Which is why it might be slowing down?

Could it also by any chance be a driver problem that might have been corrected? Try updating to the latest Catalyst drivers.
You could also check within 'Previous version' to find if anything has been fixed.

If not, memory, or overheating could be the cause of the problem. Though overheating, you'd expect it to be like that after a restart.
Restarting would clear memory though if theres anything wrong with your motherboard slot.

Hope this helps

it probably has something to do with this motherboard, gateway is sending me a windows disk so i can re-install windows, then hopefully i can get that asus board in :) catalyst drivers are up to date, have 1.5 Gb ram, temps are a little high(around 50 C) but not causing a problem

Yeah theres no problems there.
I hope re-installing Windows helps. If it doesn't you know the motherboard is to blaim...

Back
Top Bottom