Wireless networks and cordless phones

iamroot

Daemon Poster
I just purchased a Wireless-G broadbound router and a Wireless-G USB adapter but I've heard about cordless phones causing interference with wireless networks so I'm kinda worried cos I own a Philips Dect 211. I searched the manual to find out what frequency band the phone operates on but can't find anything. Anyone know where I can find such info?

its usually with the V-TECH phones.. your phone should be fine... its mainly in the old v-tech cheap phones that caused the problems.

some motorola phones will do it as well, I have a motorola at home, thats a piece of crap phone! It even interfieers next to my comp ":S

That's a relief. I was afraid I was gonna have problems with my wireless network.

the microwave might mess with your network, keep your router away from that ^_^. my microwave screws with my phone! grr..

they will cause interferance if the network and phone both run at 2.4ghz. A simple solution i found that often works is to try each individual channel (there are 11 or 12 of them) in the router configuration. they differ very slightly in the frequency they run. 2 or 3 of these frequencies should work without the phone dropping the network.

I have a Linksys Wireless network router, and an Extreme G Wireless networking card, all combined with my 2.4GHz PANASONIC cordless phone, and everytime it rings, unless my wireless card is disabled, my music playing on my PC will chop up, my internet connection fails, and it takes a minute or two to get it back, however when i had my Vtech cordless phone i had no probs whatsoever... and i understand nothing about this frequency thing.

WildFox said:
I have a Linksys Wireless network router, and an Extreme G Wireless networking card, all combined with my 2.4GHz PANASONIC cordless phone, and everytime it rings, unless my wireless card is disabled, my music playing on my PC will chop up, my internet connection fails, and it takes a minute or two to get it back, however when i had my Vtech cordless phone i had no probs whatsoever... and i understand nothing about this frequency thing.

The post right above yours tells why this is, if you are able to manualy put a new frequency in the phone that might be the easiest to do. Most phones now scan frequencies automatically, and if thats the case for you then call your router manufacturer and they will help you adjust the router wireless frequency. The number to linksys is 800-326-7114

Back
Top Bottom